Options for home health care services have increased dramatically in the past few years, allowing Baby Boomers to age in place if they choose. Many people prefer to spend their remaining years in a private home or apartment, instead of a retirement facility or nursing home. This allows them greater freedom, privacy, and dignity.
Unfortunately, many of them need assistance in order to stay at home and family members aren’t always available to help out. They may need help with transportation, light housekeeping, cooking, or personal care. Assisting Hands Home Care provides a variety of in-home care services that allow your loved ones to stay in the comfort and safety of their homes in Davie, FL.
Senior Care Services
The highly skilled aides at Assisting Hands Home Care provide compassionate care to help seniors age in place with dignity and grace. All of our caregiving staff goes through extensive screening before they’re hired, as well as training afterwards, to ensure seniors receive the care they need and deserve.
We’re committed to providing high quality care, as well as valuable companionship to all of our clients. Our caregivers are fully licensed, bonded, insured, and trained to provide a wide range of elderly care services.
Our senior care services may include:
- Alzheimer’s/dementia care. Our skilled caregivers receive specialized training to work with clients who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. We engage with them and stimulate their memories with exercises.
- Overnight care. Some seniors require assistance overnight, but family members aren’t always available to stay with them. Our aides help them with their nighttime rituals, and stay awake through the night to assist with restroom visits, medication, or anything else that might come up.
- Live-in care. Sometimes family members don’t live close enough to help a senior or check in on a regular basis. In these situations, our live-in care services can provide peace of mind by ensuring that your loved one is never home alone.
- Respite care. Caring for a loved one may be considered a hardship, but it can be difficult to juggle caregiving with personal and business duties. Our respite care services allow family members time to take care of other matters, go on vacation, or just take a break.
- Hospice care. The compassionate caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care help clients with terminal illnesses spend their final days, weeks, and months in the privacy and comfort of their own homes. This allows them to spend precious time with the people and things they love best, in the place where they feel the most comfortable and secure.
- Post-operative care. Recovering from surgery is difficult for anyone, but especially for seniors who may already have health challenges. Our aides monitor your loved ones’ conditions, make sure they take medications, and take them to follow-up doctors’ visits.
- Care management. Our staff will work with you to develop a comprehensive care plan for seniors that includes all their needs and the schedules of family caregivers.
- Personal care and grooming. We can help clients who need help with everyday grooming tasks like bathing, dressing, and other routines that can become more difficult over time.
- Meal preparation. Many seniors don’t want to cook for themselves or are unable to because of mobility issues. Our staff can prepare delicious, nutritious meals that meet all dietary requirements to help them stay healthy.
- Errands and transportation. Losing a driver’s license is a real blow to a person’s independence, especially if public transportation isn’t easily available. We can provide reliable transportation to appointments, errands, meetings, and other important events.
- Light housekeeping. Keeping a home neat and tidy can become difficult when a person has problems with their mobility or eyesight. Our caregivers can help with light housekeeping to help homes stay clean and sanitary.
- Companionship. Helping seniors stay in their homes isn’t enough for us at Assisting Hands Home Care. We work to develop good relationships with our clients so we can provide social companionship too. We engage seniors through games, conversation, and fun activities.
Quality Home Health Care Services
The first thing we do when you call Assisting Hands Home Care is schedule an appointment for a consultation to learn your loved one’s needs and wishes. Next, we work with you and your family to develop a plan that covers these items and includes the caregiver’s schedule. Finally, we select a screened and highly trained caregiver best suited for the client’s needs. Our care plans are highly flexible and can be altered whenever a client’s needs change.
Call Assisting Hands Home Care if your loved one needs high quality home health care services in Davie, FL to age in place. Our skilled caregivers will help them stay in their own homes and treat them with dignity and respect.
Call us at (954) 644-7276 for more information or to schedule a free consultation.