More senior citizens have been choosing to age in place in their own homes in recent years to retain some independence and control in their daily lives. However, many senior citizens still need some form of care to be able to live safely and comfortably in their homes instead of leaving for an assisted living facility. It is common for seniors to need help with certain personal activities including personal hygiene, and many seniors may not have the physical ability to drive or handle certain household chores.
Home care services have developed in recent years to provide the care that senior citizens need to comfortably age in place. At Assisting Hands Home Care – Broward County, FL, we can provide home care services for senior citizens in Fort Lauderdale, FL who have chosen to age in place.
Senior Care Services
Assisting Hands Home Care – Broward County, FL provides complete in-home health care services with highly trained caregivers who have gone through extensive screening. We will send caregivers to your home who will not only provide quality care for your loved ones, but also treat them with dignity and respect. We can cover a variety of services with our care plans from personal assistance to light housekeeping, and our caregivers are licensed, bonded, and insured for your protection.
We can cover the following with our home health care services:
- Care Management: We will help plan out and coordinate the care for your loved ones and work around the schedules of family caregivers. We can also help manage medication and other instructions from a doctor.
- Personal Care and Grooming: We can provide personal assistance for those who need help with personal hygiene such as getting dressed, bathing, or using the restroom.
- Meal Preparation: It is very important for senior citizens to get enough nutrition. We prepare meals daily for your loved ones to ensure that they get the nutrition they need.
- Errands and Transportation: Many seniors no longer drive which makes it difficult to run errands and make appointments. We provide transportation services to take care of important errands and give rides when needed.
- Light Housekeeping: We can handle many light housekeeping duties that your loved ones can no longer handle like vacuuming and emptying the trash.
- Companionship: Providing excellent companionship for your loved ones is a very important part of our job. We will engage your loved ones in activities like games and conversation to build a personal relationship.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Our caregivers are trained to provide quality care for those suffering from dementia or Alzheimer’s disease that includes memory exercises to help improve memory.
- Overnight Care: We can send a caregiver to keep watch over your loved ones overnight and provide assistance with getting ready for bed and using the restroom in the middle of the night.
- Live-In Care: Some seniors may require consistent care in their homes to ensure their safety and comfort. We provide live-in care services in which our caregivers will live in the home to provide care whenever needed.
- Respite Care: Our respite care services can provide scheduled relief for family members who are providing informal care.
- Hospice Care: If someone in your family has a terminal illness or limited life expectancy, we can provide care and keep them comfortable with our hospice care services.
- Post-Operative Care: Our caregivers can help those who have recently had surgery get back on their feet with care that includes medication reminders and condition monitoring.
Trusted Home Care Services
Assisting Hands Home Care – Broward County, FL starts our in-home care services with a visit to your loved one’s home. While there, we will do a safety evaluation of the home and determine the specific care needs of your loved ones. We will then use this information to form a complete care plan that covers your loved one’s unique needs as well as a schedule for our caregivers. We can also change our care plan at any time to accommodate changes in your loved one’s care needs.
If your parents or elderly family members in Fort Lauderdale, FL need home care services to remain in their homes, call Assisting Hands Home Care – Broward County, FL. Our trained caregivers will provide your loved ones with the care and companionship they need to happily spend their golden years in their own homes. You can reach us by calling (954) 644-7276 for more information or a to set up a free consultation.