Aging in place has become the clearly preferred choice for senior citizens of the baby boomer generation. As more people reach the age of 65, they are choosing to stay in their own homes which allows them much more freedom and independence than leaving for a retirement home or assisted living facility.
However, seniors that age in place face many daily challenges as certain housekeeping activities like dusting and vacuuming can become more difficult to handle. Some seniors may also need assistance with personal activities such as dressing and restroom use. If you have a parent or loved one in Miramar, FL who has chosen to age in place, Assisting Hands Home Care can provide assistance with our home care services.
Home Care Services
Our home care services are ideal for senior citizens in Miramar, FL and the surrounding areas who prefer to age in the comfort of their own homes. Our carefully screened and highly trained caregivers can provide effective care services for senior citizens and adults with disabilities that range from housekeeping chores to help with personal hygiene, and even social companionship.
Knowing that our caregivers are there for your loved ones will provide you with some much needed peace of mind.
The senior home care services we provide include the following:
- Care Management: We will sit down with you and your loved ones to create a care plan and schedule that accommodates your loved one’s specific needs. This plan will account for medications, doctor visits, and anything else needed to provide effective care.
- Personal Care and Grooming: Some seniors may need help with matters of personal hygiene. Our caregivers will help your loved ones with their personal hygiene including getting dressed, bathing, and using the restroom.
- Meal Preparation: Our caregivers will prepare nutritious meals while taking dietary restrictions into account to ensure that your loved ones eat regularly. We will also clean up afterwards.
- Errands and Transportation: Losing the ability to drive can take away some independence from senior citizens. We help restore this independence by providing rides to run errands and get your loved ones to important events and doctor appointments.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will take care of light housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming, dusting, and laundry that have become too difficult for your loved ones to handle.
- Companionship: We are not only committed to providing excellent care for your loved ones, but also to being a good social companion. Our caregivers will build a personal connection with your loved ones through conversation and other engaging activities.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: We are trained to provide memory care services for seniors who suffer from Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
- Overnight Care: If the thought of leaving your loved one alone at night makes you nervous, we can provide overnight care so that a caregiver is awake and ready to assist them at any time through the night.
- Live-In Care: If your loved ones need someone in their home to provide assistance 24 hours a day, we can send a caregiver to live in the home with our live-in care services.
- Respite Care: There are many cases in which a family member provides care for senior citizens aging in place, but family caregivers need a break to manage their own personal lives. We can help relieve family caregivers with our respite care services.
- Hospice Care Services: Caring for a family member with a terminal illness or limited life expectancy can be very difficult, especially when you have to deal with other end of life matters. We can provide quality hospice care services to ensure that your loved one is comfortable and can pass peacefully.
- Post-Operative Care: Recovering from surgery can be difficult and any setback can make the recovery longer. Our caregivers will help keep your loved ones comfortable after surgery and provide personal assistance to help with their recovery.
Trusted Home Health Care Services
Our home health care services begin with a visit from one of our representatives in the home of your loved ones. We will evaluate the safety of the home, and discuss the unique care needs of your family members to form a customized care plan that accommodates their needs.
We will then assign a licensed, bonded, and insured caregiver who we believe will make the best fit for your loved ones. It is common for the care needs of senior citizens to change over time, and our care plans are flexible so we can adjust them to account for any changes.
Schedule a Consultation
If you have a family member in Miramar, FL who needs care and assistance to safely age in place, contact Assisting Hands Home Care for our senior care services. Our caregivers are dedicated to providing excellent care and companionship to help your loved ones age comfortably in their own homes. Give us a call at (954) 644-7276 to learn more about our home health care services.