Home care for seniors has improved dramatically in the past few decades as more of them are choosing to age in place every year. This means that they are choosing to stay in their own homes as they grow older, instead of moving into a retirement facility or nursing home, as their parents or grandparents might have done.
While this gives them more freedom and control in their daily lives, many seniors need extra help in order to live safely and comfortably on their own. While some may just need help with housework or errands, others may need assistance with grooming, meal preparation, and other daily activities.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides a full range of services that allow older adults to stay in their homes in Parkland, FL for as long as they wish.
Senior Care Services
The highly skilled aides at Assisting Hands Home Care are committed to providing the best services possible to allow people to stay in the homes they love.
All of our caregivers go through comprehensive screening before hiring, and are fully licensed, bonded, and insured, so you can be confident that the people working with your loved one are trustworthy and caring. We train our staff in the latest methods to ensure they can provide high quality care at all times, no matter what services are needed.
Our senior home care services may include:
- Alzheimer’s/Dementia care. Our caregivers are specially trained to work with Alzheimer’s and dementia patients and provide the specific levels of care they need. We use specialized memory games to stimulate their brains and improve their memories.
- Overnight care. Our caring aides help your loved ones with their evening routines and remain alert through the night to assist with restroom visits, medication doses, or anything else that may occur.
- Live-in care. There are times when having someone in the home at all times is necessary, but family isn’t always available to stay. With our live-in care services, you can feel secure that one of our trusted caregivers is there with your loved one, day and night, to provide any type of help that’s necessary.
- Respite care. When seniors age in place, family members usually help them with their daily needs. When they need a break to take care of personal or business needs, or just to relax, our caregivers can step in to provide respite care. We’ll work with the family to create a care plan so there are no lapses in care during the transition.
- Hospice care. Assisting Hands Home Care offers caring, compassionate hospice care that allows people with terminal illnesses to spend their final days, weeks, or months in the comfort of their own homes. This allows them to spend this irreplaceable time with family, friends, and pets instead of in a hospital.
- Post-operative care. Our highly skilled caregivers can assist seniors who are recovering from surgery with daily tasks, ensure that they take medications correctly, and monitor their conditions so they can get back to enjoying their lives.
- Care management. We’ll work with you to develop a care plan for your loved one that will cover all necessary needs and include any family caregivers’ schedules.
- Personal care and grooming. Our caring aides can assist seniors with all levels of personal care and grooming, including bathing, dressing, hair care, and other daily needs.
- Meal preparation. As some people get older, they don’t want to or can’t cook for themselves. They may feel it’s too much of a bother to prepare healthy meals for just one person. We can prepare nutritious meals that can accommodate any dietary needs to keep them in good health.
- Transportation and errands. Being unable to drive is a serious blow to independence, especially for seniors who live in areas that don’t have good access to public transportation. Our skilled caregivers can provide rides to doctors’ appointments, errands, and other events so your loved ones can continue to participate in daily life.
- Light housekeeping. As people get older, they may be unable to keep up with some of the demands of a house; they may be unable to reach high enough to dust or lack the strength or mobility to do house cleaning. Our staff can help with light housekeeping that will help keep their homes neat and tidy.
- Companionship. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we’re not just a senior assistance company. We pride ourselves on offering engaging companionship to seniors to help them feel connected through conversations, activities, and games.
Non-Medical Home Health Care Services
When you call Assisting Hands Home Care for in-home care services in Parkland, FL, we’ll send a staff member to your loved one’s home for a consultation.
We’ll do a safety evaluation, assess their needs, and work with you to create a comprehensive plan that outlines the services and the caregiver’s schedule. Only then will we select a trained and screened caregiver who will best suit the client’s needs. Our care plans are flexible and can change as the client’s needs change.
If you have a loved one in Parkland, FL who wants to age in place, call the experts at Assisting Hands Home Care. Our professionals have the experience and training to help them live their lives to the fullest in the comfort of their own homes, and will give your seniors the care, dignity, and compassion they deserve.
For more information, or to schedule a consultation, contact us at (954) 644-7276.