More than 65 million people in the US provide care for a chronically ill, disabled, or aged family member or friend during any given year and spend an average of 20 hours per week providing care for their loved one.
Many family caregivers are adult children who still work a full-time job and are raising children and grandchildren of their own. This adds a tremendous amount of stress to their everyday lives. Sometimes their loved one lives with them, sometimes they are far away. The stress and worry of not knowing how your loved is doing is very difficult.
If you find yourself responsible for the care of a loved one, here are some tips to help alleviate some of your stress:
- Use a medical alert system
- Use cameras so you can see them to ensure they are safe,
- Make sure pathways well-lit and are uncluttered to prevent falls.
- Make sure any equipment such as walkers or shower chairs are in good repair.
- Engage the assistance of other family members when possible
- Use the services of a professional home care agency if needed
Assisting Hands offers a wealth of information and resources to help you care for your loved one and help alleviate the stress of managing your loved one’s care.
If you schedule a FREE in-home assessment we will:
- Educate you and your family about home care, how to choose an agency, our caregiver requirements, what Medicare does and does not pay, and ways to pay for home care;
- Asses the care needs of your loved one and create an individual care plan just for them;
- Conduct a home safety evaluation and make recommendations of equipment, supplies and other services that may be needed for quality care and safety;
- Match a caregiver based on the clients care needs, personality and skills needed;
- Provide services such as:
There is no obligation or cost for an assessment.
Call us today.
Phoenix 602-374-5775 Scottsdale 480-767-3246 Chandler 480-404-7818
“Quality Home Care You Can Trust”