Seniors who require home care services don’t always need them to be full-time services. One example of this is when people care for their elderly parents themselves but need extra outside help.
Providing informal care can be physically and mentally stressful, especially if you have other things to do like work and care for your own children. That is why we offer respite care services at Assisting Hands in Miami Shores, FL.
Facts About Family Caregivers
When you consider financial factors and/or what the senior involved needs, informal care services can seem like an attractive option to take. However, what’s also worth considering are the startling statistics regarding individuals who provide informal care services:
- In the United States, over 65 million people provide informal care services to their loved ones.
- Due to extra physical responsibilities and added stress, about 1 in 4 do-it-yourself caregivers report that they have poor to fair health conditions.
- Of the over 65 million informal caregivers, women account for nearly 2 out of 3 of them.
As mentioned above, stress and added physical responsibilities account for informal caregivers’ poor to fair health conditions. Such stress originates from wanting elderly loved ones to have the best care. However, having to provide such care on top of all of your other responsibilities can easily lead to having a hectic mind, feeling fatigued, and needing sleep.
Our Respite Care Services
Nearly all informal caregivers would benefit from taking a break. Assisting Hands in Miami Shores, FL, can provide your elderly loved one with respite care services in the meantime.
The following are advantages of part-time home caregiving services for family caregivers:
- You have a lesser risk for depression and stress.
- You can spend your time doing other things in regard to your personal life.
- You will have more energy, less responsibilities, and greater peace of mind.
Not everyone wants to use our respite care services, and we understand that. However, if that’s the case, please look into the growing trend of support groups for family caregivers. You can learn more about this by contacting your local Alzheimer’s Association chapter or AARP.
Schedule a Free Consultation
For respite care services, give Assisting Hands in Miami Shores, FL, a call at (305) 425-1835. Whether you need a few hours off or a few days off, we are eager to assist.