There are many reasons why an elderly individual may need to have a surgical procedure, but the aftermath can be less predictable due to their age and ability to recover. Assisting Hands Serving Miami Beach, FL, offers post-operative care to add certainty to the process. We will provide care directly after the operation, and all the way through the initial recovery period and successive outpatient visits.
The Importance of Post Hospitalization Care
Aging patients often require close supervision following procedures for a variety of reasons. Complications are more likely to arise, their bodies have a harder time recovering, and many simply have difficulty taking care of themselves for a little while. The latter can be attributed to limited mobility, the need to take heavy medications, and other factors. Regardless, our post-surgery care eliminates these problems, and gives comfort to seniors receiving the service.
Our Approach to Post Surgery Care
Assisting Hands Serving Miami Beach, FL, is a trusted name in a variety of senior care services. Our post-operative care program can be of great value when family members of affected individuals have limited time available for unexpected or midday surgeries, as well as inevitable at-home assistance. This is due to our comprehensive approach.
- Before getting too in-depth, it is important to note that we are not doctors. Our care is specifically non-medical, post-hospitalization care. We will work with affected individuals, families, and the patient’s doctor, though, through the following:
- Communicating the doctor’s discharge orders to the family
- Keeping the primary care physician up to date regarding post-surgery instructions (we do this by faxing the discharge orders)
- Following up with the doctor to make appointments for labs, tests, and other needs
- Assisting with any other paperwork
- Providing transportation from the hospital to the senior’s place of residence
- Our at-home services are especially beneficial for seniors following a surgery. They can expect the following from our caregivers:
- Daily support
- A properly arranged home that addresses specific needs following the operation
- Fresh groceries and meals that meet any dietary restrictions
- Laundry services
- Assistance with bathing, grooming, and dressing
- Medication is obviously an important aspect of any post-operative care. Our Assisting Hands Serving Miami Beach, FL, caregivers will provide the following:
- Medication pick-up services (this includes relaying the physician’s instructions on dosage and frequency to prevent errors)
- Faxing of any new prescription orders to the client’s primary care physician
- Medication reminder services
- The period of time that elderly individuals need post-surgery care varies widely; nonetheless, we are available whenever, and for however long, you need us. Whether it is for a few hours or a few months, you can expect the following:
- Maximum recovery support
- Dedication to improving the patient’s quality of life
- Compassionate services
If you or a loved one is in need of post-operative care services, we encourage you to give us a call at (305) 425-1835. Our Assisting Hands Serving Miami Beach, FL, representatives are happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have. We look forward to getting to know you soon.