Many seniors in the baby boomer generation are choosing to age in the familiarity and comfort of their own homes instead of an assisted living facility or nursing home. Senior citizens who choose to age at home will maintain a certain level of independence, but still require a helping hand so they can live comfortably and safely.
Home Health Care Services in Deerfield, IL
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we form a customized care plan that accounts for your loved one’s unique care needs. Our caregivers will follow the care plan as they care for your loved ones at home, offering compassionate, quality care.
Our caregivers are licensed and trained, and they must pass a background check during the employment process. We will only send respectful, compassionate, and highly qualified caregivers to your loved one. Our caregivers are all insured, licensed, and bonded, and they can administer First Aid and CPR in case of an emergency.
Complete In-Home Care Services
Our personalized care plan may include any of the following services:
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: People with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia often prefer to receive care in the familiarity of their home. Our trained caregivers will use memory exercises to slow the effects of memory loss.
- Live-In/24-Hour Care: If your loved one always needs someone present; we can help with our 24-hour care services. You can choose a live-in caregiver or have two caregivers alternate 12-hour shifts.
- After Surgery Care: It is difficult to return home after a hospital stay or surgery and without proper care, there is an increased risk for a setback. Our caregivers will help your loved one transition back to home by monitoring their condition and reminding them to take their medication.
- Respite Care: Family members who serve as the primary caregiver for a loved one need time off to rest. Our caregivers will arrive at scheduled times to take over for the family caregiver so they can rest.
- Overnight Care: Our caregiver will arrive at your loved one’s home in the evening and stay awake and alert throughout the night to provide assistance and care.
- Companionship: As a non-medical home care provider, providing excellent care is not our only priority. Our caregivers will also serve as a companion to your loved one, engaging them in fun activities and building a close personal relationship with them.
- Personal Care: Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) are often difficult for senior citizens and disabled adults to perform on their own. Our caregivers can help with activities like bathing, getting dressed, ambulation, and using the bathroom.
- Meal Preparation: Our caregivers will prepare regular meals for your loved one if they can no longer cook themselves. We will handle the entire process, including preparation and cleanup, and will keep dietary restrictions in mind.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will take care of housekeeping tasks in order to keep your loved one’s home clean and neat.
- Transportation and Errands: Many seniors and disabled adults don’t drive so getting around is a challenge. Our caregivers will provide transportation to doctor appointments, errands, and other important activities.
Our non-medical home caregiver services begin with a free in-home consultation to assess your loved one’s specific care needs. We will cooperate with you and your loved one to create a care plan based on the assessment. Once the care plan is finalized, we will assign a caregiver to provide your loved ones with compassion and care. Our care plans are flexible so they can be adjusted as needed. Contact Assisting Hands Home Care at (847) 595-1222 for more information about our non-medical home care services in Deerfield, IL, and the surrounding areas.