Assisting Hands Home Care offers senior home care services to help seniors in Mundelein, IL, and the surrounding areas. We will form a personalized care plan that accounts for your loved one’s needs and will assign a licensed and trained caregiver.
An increasingly large number of seniors in the baby boomer generation are choosing to remain home in their old age. Seniors in previous generations usually left their homes at retirement to live in an assisted living facility or a nursing home, but 90 percent of seniors nowadays choose to age at home.
There are many benefits to senior citizens aging in place, such as maintaining their independence and remaining in the familiarity and comfort of their own home. However, many senior citizens still require assistance while living at home and family members cannot always provide the proper care. A licensed caregiver is required to offer effective care services to your loved one.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide senior home health care services to seniors in Mundelein, IL. Our staff cooperates with you and your loved one to perform an assessment of your loved one’s care needs to create a personalized care plan. Our licensed and trained caregivers will offer in-home care services and be a good companion to your loved one.
Senior Home Care in Mundelein, IL
Our senior home health aides at Assisting Hands Home Care were required to pass a background check before employment and are insured, bonded, and licensed to offer care to your loved ones in their home. Our caregivers embody Our Shared Values which include accountability, integrity, creativity, kindness, and compassion. Our senior caregivers may provide the following services:
- Personal Care: As senior citizens age, it often becomes difficult for them to maintain their personal hygiene. Our caregivers will help with personal hygiene tasks like bathing, restroom use, and getting dressed.
- Personal Appearance: Our caregivers will help your loved ones with personal appearance tasks, such as brushing their teeth, combing their hair, and choosing their clothing.
- Bathing and Showering: It is often difficult for seniors to bathe or shower regularly, so our caregivers will provide them assistance as they clean themselves.
- Restroom Use: Our caregivers can help your loved ones during restroom use if they need it.
- Getting Dressed: Our caregivers can aid your loved one as they dress each morning and evening.
- Transfer Assistance: Our caregivers can help your loved one with mobility issues move around the house, in and out of their bed or wheelchair.
- Incontinence Care: If your senior loved one has incontinence issues, our caregivers can offer them proper care.
We can also include the following services to your senior home care plan:
- Companionship: Our caregivers will serve as personal companions to your loved one as well as provide care. We will create a close bond with your loved ones by engaging them in their favorite hobbies and friendly conversation.
- Meal Preparation: It is important for senior citizens to receive proper nutrition, but it can be dangerous or difficult for them to prepare their own meals. Our caregivers will prepare regular meals for your loved one that accounts for their dietary restrictions.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will keep your loved one’s home neat and clean by helping with certain light housekeeping tasks.
- Grocery Shopping: Our caregivers will provide your loved one with food by making sure there is always food present in the house.
Assisting Hands Home Care works with you and your loved one to create a care plan that accounts for your loved one’s specific care needs and provides quality home health care. We begin the senior care process by assessing your loved one and performing a home safety evaluation. If you have an aging relative in Mundelein, Deerfield, Buffalo Grove, IL, and the surrounding areas, reach out to us to schedule a free in-home assessment. Contact us at (847) 595-1222 for more information about our senior home care services.