Families often want to help their elderly loved ones because of how much they love and respect them. There may even be a sense of obligation as well; however, not all families can provide this care whether it is on a full-time or part-time basis. What might start as household help can easily turn into everyday personal care. In the event that family members are unable to care for their elderly loved ones, you can seek outside help from a care service.
Home care services will allow seniors in need to have the care and help they require to live at home safely.
Non-Medical Home Health Care Services in Highland Park, IL
Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (847) 595-1222 to schedule a free consultation about our in-home care services in Highland Park, IL.
With our comprehensive non-medical home health care services in Highland Park, IL, and the surrounding areas, Assisting Hands Home Care is able to help elderly individuals age at home safely. We determine your loved one’s care needs during a free in-home consultation and then create a care plan customized to their unique needs. A well-trained and properly licensed caregiver will be assigned to help your elderly relative.
In-Home Caregivers from Assisting Hands
To guarantee your loved one gets the specific help they need, we always cater our care plans to the client. Our in-home caregivers can provide assistance with the following:
- 24-hour home care
- Care management
- Errands and transportation
- Light housekeeping
- Live-in care
- Meal preparation
- Personal care and hygiene
Care plans can include these services:
- Care Management: From caregiver scheduling to transportation services, we can help coordinate the care for your elderly loved one.
- Personal Care: Our elder caregivers will help clients bathe, shower, use the restroom, get dressed, and handle other personal care tasks.
- Companion Care: Our caregivers provide companionship in addition to exceptional care for your elderly loved one. We will make conversation to get to know them better and participate in their favorite activities.
- Fall Prevention: We keep walkways clear and guide your loved one throughout their home to prevent any falls.
- Light Housekeeping: Caregivers help keep clients’ homes neat and tidy by doing light housekeeping activities.
- Meal Preparation: We will make sure your elderly loved one maintains a good diet and gets their nutrients by preparing daily meals for them.
- Senior Transportation and Errand Services: Seniors who do not drive can get transportation from our caregivers. We provide rides to whatever places clients need to go, including family events and doctor’s appointments. We can also go grocery shopping and take care of other errands.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: If your loved one has Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia, then it is important they receive care at home. Our caregivers can help with this, as they have been trained to provide these specialized services.
- Respite Care: Some seniors have a family member take care of them, but even informal caregivers need to take time off. We have respite care services that provide professional care for your loved one while the family caregiver takes a break.
- Post-Operative Care: Coming home after a hospital stay can be a tough transition, and this is even more so for seniors. We will help with personal care tasks, provide medication reminders, and help with other necessities to make sure elderly individuals properly recover.
- Overnight Home Care: We have overnight care services for seniors who should not be on their own during the night. With these services, the caregiver arrives during the evening and stays awake throughout the night, helping with whatever is necessary and responding to any emergencies.
- Live-In Caregivers / 24-Hour Home Care: Seniors who need a caregiver in the home at all times can benefit from our live-in and 24-hour home care services. Live-in caregivers will live in the client’s home and go to sleep at night. 24-hour home caregivers alternate, working 12 hour shifts to ensure seniors have someone to help no matter the time of day.
Call Assisting Hands for a Free In-Home Consultation
Contact Assisting Hands Home Care if your elderly relative needs elderly home care services. We will provide a free in-home consultation and assess the senior’s care needs. Schedule the consultation by calling (847) 595-1222.