At Assisting Hands Home Care, we offer a number of in-home care services which includes elderly care, personal care and companionship, senior in-home care, memory care for Alzheimer’s and dementia patients, and respite care. We employ licensed, well-trained professional caregivers who will provide your loved ones with great care services that allow them to safely live at home.
Professional Caregivers & Home Health Aides
In the past, seniors who needed everyday care and assistance to safely and successfully get through the day needed to leave their homes for a nursing home or an assisted living facility. But now, seniors have the choice to stay at home to age and receive such care thanks to in-home care services. A huge benefit of this option is that it allows elderly individuals to remain in the comfort of their own homes while maintaining some independence.
With our home care services in Vernon Hills, IL, Assisting Hands Home Care will assist disabled adults and seniors and make sure they can safely and successfully live at home. Our complete care services will properly address your loved one’s care needs, and this care is provided by bonded, insured, and licensed caregivers.
After getting in touch with us for the in-home care services that we provide, we meet with you and your loved ones to conduct a care assessment and safety evaluation. We will learn of your loved one’s care needs and make sure they are covered within the care plan and that the schedule works for all involved.
Non-Medical Home Health Care Services
Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (847) 595-1222 to schedule a free consultation about our non-medical home health care services in Highland Park, IL.
The following can be included within the home health care plans that we develop for your loved ones:
- Personal Care and Activities of Daily Living (ADLs): If elderly individuals have limited mobility or cognitive abilities, then they may have trouble performing activities of daily living (ADLs). In such a case, our caregivers will provide seniors with assistance with restroom use, bathing, dressing, medication reminders, ambulation, and other ADLs.
- Light Housekeeping: Seniors can have difficulties performing housekeeping tasks like vacuuming and dusting on their own. Our caregivers are available to provide assistance with light housekeeping including taking out the garbage, mopping floors, dusting, and more.
- Meal Preparation: Sometimes, seniors aren’t capable of cooking meals for themselves, and this may cause them to not eat regular meals. In such a case, seniors will eventually become malnourished. Our caregivers are available to prepare meals for your loved ones to make sure they eat regular, nutritious meals.
- Transportation Services for Disabled and Elderly: If your loved ones no longer drive, we will help them by providing transportation services to get them to doctor appointments, social events and other important engagements and help with any errands.
- Companion Care: In addition to being caregivers, we will also be companions to your loved ones. We take the time to develop a relationship with them and get to know them. Our caregivers will spend time with them by making conversation, doing their favorite hobbies, and engaging in fun activities.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Alzheimer’s and dementia patients need care on a consistent basis. This is best done within the comfort of their own homes because Alzheimer’s and dementia patients are familiar with their homes. We employ caregivers who have the necessary training to provide your loved ones with effective in-home memory care services. Our caregivers know how to appropriately handle mood swings and agitation and will have patients do memory exercises that are designed to slow the progression of memory loss.
- Respite Care: Some elderly individuals who require regular care and assistance get care from a loved one who acts as their informal caregiver. Taking on such a responsibility is very admirable, but it’s demanding to provide care for someone else. Oftentimes, a family caregiver is providing care in addition to working a full-time job. In such a case, family caregivers can easily become overstressed and overworked. With our respite care services, a caregiver will provide care for your elderly loved one while the family caregiver gets time off.
- Hospice Care: If you learn that your loved one has been diagnosed with a terminal illness or limited life expectancy, then you might have a difficult time handling the news. Your loved one will need care, and we can help through the hospice care assistance services we provide. Our caregivers will ensure your loved one is comfortable and receives the care they need while you use your time to handle personal matters and to visit with your relative.
- 24-Hour Home Care and Live-In Care: Seniors who suffer from chronic illnesses and other conditions may need someone present 24 hours a day. We provide live-in and 24-hour home care services to ensure that there is always someone nearby to help. Our live-in caregivers will stay at the home of your loved one for several days at a time, taking time to sleep at night, while our 24-hour caregivers switch shifts every 8 to 12 hours to ensure that a caregiver is always at the home and awake.
- Post-Surgery Home Care: Transitioning home from a surgery or hospital stay is difficult for seniors and if they do not get the rest and medication they need, a setback could put them back in the hospital. Our caregivers provide post-surgery home care to help ease the transition back home and ensure a comfortable recovery.
- Overnight Home Care: In some cases, it may be risky to leave seniors home alone through the night. If you do not want your senior loved ones to spend the night alone, we can help with our overnight care services. With these services, our caregiver will arrive to the home in the evening and stay until the following morning to provide assistance and respond to emergencies.
- Elderly Care: We provide elderly care services for senior citizens that include help with ADLs, fall prevention, meal preparation, companion care, transportation, and help with light housekeeping tasks.
- Personalized Home Health Care: At Assisting Hands Home Care, we make it a priority to create home care plans that are personalized to cover your loved one’s care needs. Additionally, we take into consideration their schedule and medical history.
Free In-Home Assesment
To learn more about the in-home care services Assisting Hands Home Care provides in Vernon Hills, IL, give us a call at (847) 595-1222.