At Assisting Hands Home Care, we can help senior citizens and adults with disabilities with our in-home care services in Lake Forest, Illinois and the surrounding areas of Lake County. Our caregivers provide personalized care and assistance to help seniors and disabled adults live comfortably at home.
Seniors and adults with disabilities are most comfortable at home which means that their home may be the best place for them to receive care. More seniors are choosing to stay at home to receive care instead of leaving for a care facility because aging in place gives them more control of their daily lives and allows them to receive care in a comfortable environment. It is common for seniors and adults with disabilities to get some help from their relatives, but families may have a hard time accounting for all of their care needs. In these cases, a home care agency can help ensure your loved ones get the proper care.
Home Care Agency
Call Assisting Hands Home Care Agency at (847) 595-1222 to schedule a free consultation about our non-medical home health care services in Lake Forest, IL.
Assisting Hands Home Care is a full-service home care agency that provides home care for seniors and adults with disabilities in Lake Forest, Illinois. We provide customized in-home care to ensure that we accommodate the unique care needs of your loved ones, and our caregivers will provide the care they need while treating them with compassion. Our caregivers are trained and have passed a background check, and they are licensed, bonded, and insured.
We begin our in-home care services with a free consultation in which we will assess your loved one’s care needs. A complete care plan will be formed based on our assessment and feedback from you and your loved ones. The care plan will also include a schedule for our caregiver, and we can adjust the care plan as the needs of your loved ones change.
Non-Medical Home Health Care
Assisting Hands Home Care provides complete non-medical home health care services which covers activities of daily living (ADLs) such as personal care and grooming and some household tasks like meal preparation and housekeeping. Our caregivers will ensure that your loved ones get the care they need, and we will also develop a relationship with your loved ones to be their companion as well as their caregiver.
Our non-medical home health care plans can include the following:
- Elderly care: We can provide complete personal care and assistance for seniors in their homes including help with activities of daily living (ADLs) like dressing, bathing, restroom use, eating, and transferring.
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care: Those with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia need specialized care in a comfortable environment. Our caregivers are trained to provide care for those with dementia including memory care exercises that can help slow memory loss.
- Live-in care and 24-hour home care: We can help seniors and disabled adults who need constant supervision with live-in care and 24-hour home care. With our live-in care services, a caregiver will live in your loved one’s home for 3-4 days at a time to provide care before switching with a second caregiver. With our 24-hour care services, our caregivers will work alternating 8-12 hour shifts so someone is always awake in the home.
- After-surgery care: Our caregivers can help your loved ones after they return home from a surgery or hospital stay to make their transition easier. We will ensure they follow their discharge instructions, monitor their condition, and provide medication reminders.
- Respite care: If a relative takes care of your loved ones in need, they will eventually need some time off. With our respite care services, our caregiver will take over care from the family caregiver and allow them some time off.
- Overnight caregivers: If you don’t want to leave your loved ones home alone at night, our overnight caregiver can stay awake through the night and provide care and assistance as needed.
- Companionship: We will be companions as well as caregivers for your loved ones. We will get to know your loved ones to build a personal relationship and regularly engage them in their favorite activities.
- Meal preparation: If your loved ones cannot cook, we will prepare regular meals for them that accommodate their dietary restrictions.
- Light housekeeping: We can handle some light housekeeping activities, including vacuuming, dusting, and taking out the trash, to keep the home clean.
- Transportation and errands: If your loved ones cannot drive, we will provide transportation to help them get to important engagements and doctor appointments and we can help with errands such as grocery shopping.
Call Assisting Hands for a Free Consultation
When you call Assisting Hands Home Care for our in-home care services, we will meet with you and your loved ones for a free consultation. This consultation will help us understand your loved one’s care needs so we can form an effective care plan. You can reach us at (847) 595-1222 for more about our home care services in Lake Forest, Illinois and the surrounding areas of Lake County.