If you are the family caregiver for a loved one or have someone looking after them during the day, you may still benefit from an overnight caregiver. Taking care of a loved one can take a physical and mental toll on the family caregiver, which makes it impossible to provide quality care 24 hours a day.
Overnight care is beneficial because it allows the family caregiver to rest at night and keeps your loved one safe from falls, confusion, and other evening mishaps. Assisting Hands Home Care offers overnight home care services to senior citizens in Mundelein, IL and surrounding areas.
Overnight Care for the Elderly
Our trained caregivers are also licensed, bonded, and insured, and must pass a thorough background check during the hiring process. We will also undergo routine training to stay up to date with the latest home care. Our caregivers provide a variety of services including transportation, meal preparation, and light housekeeping.
We will help elderly citizens affected by the following:
- Dementia Night Care: Those affected by dementia may wake up confused and wander around the house aimlessly. Oftentimes, a familiar and friendly face is all they need to see to feel at ease.
- After Surgery Care: People who are recovering from a surgery or operation often experience pain and discomfort, which makes it difficult for them to sleep at night. Our caregivers will help your loved one change positions and get in and out of bed during the night.
- Fall Prevention: Our overnight caregivers will help your loved one go to the bathroom or move around at night to prevent falls.
- Vision Loss: Recent statistics show that 1 of 3 seniors or older adults have diseases related to their vision. Evening can be dangerous for people with limited vision, so our caregivers will help your loved one move around the house at night.
Our overnight caregivers can help your loved one with the following services:
- Getting ready for bed
- Medication reminders
- Moving throughout the house at night
Call Assisting Hands Home Care
Contact Assisting Hands Home Care at (847) 595-1222 to schedule a free in-home assessment about our overnight home care services in Mundelein, IL, and the surrounding areas.