Live In Home Care
With our live in home care services, one of our certified caregivers will live with your loved one in their home. Our live-in caregiver will stay in their own space within the home and live there for 3-4 days at a time, alternating time with a second caregiver. While in the home, our caregiver will tend to the needs of your loved one and help them through their daily routines. You will have peace of mind knowing that our live-in caregiver is always there to respond to emergencies and provide good companionship.
Our live-in caregiver will start first thing in the morning. They help your loved ones get out of bed and through their morning routine. This can include washing up, getting dressed, and preparing breakfast. Throughout the day, our caregiver will be there to help. We can assist with medication, light housekeeping, and transportation if your loved one needs to run errands or make it to a doctor appointment. Live-in home care is ideal for seniors who have recently returned home from the hospital or surgery, those who have lost their spouse, and those who want an all-day companion.
24 Hour Home Care
24 Hour Home Care involves round the clock service for clients. Home Care Agencies charge an hourly rate for this service. Caregiver staffing for 24 hour home care usually involves multiple caregivers working in shifts based on the client’s needs, preferences and overtime pay implications. In 24 hour home care cases caregivers are attending clients at all times.
Your Individualized Plan of Care:
Every client receives an individualized Plan of Care. It’s our way to ensure you receive the service you need and everyone is prepared for the care that needs to be delivered.
- Step 1: Nurse Assessment: Our Director of Nursing visits each client and family member at their place of residence. She will provide an evaluation, discuss options, and develop a Plan of Care.
- Step 2: Plan of Care: We incorporate all the orders and recommendations from your healthcare providers and our initial assessment in order to develop an effective Plan of Care. This plan will describe all the services required, the proposed frequency, and potential equipment and supplies needed.
- Step 3: Caregiver Matching and Assignment: All caregivers receive a copy of the plan of care and discuss it with a nurse or case manager. In some complex or delicate cases, the caregivers undergo complementary training provided by our nurses. This refreshes important case-specific techniques or care aspects that must be observed.
- Step 4: Ongoing Management and Check-Ins: The Director of Nursing will continuously update the Plan of Care, as a consequence of supervisory visits, experience accumulated on the case by our caregivers, and interactions with the client, healthcare professionals or family members. Caregivers are provided updates to the Plan of Care, and case managers follow up with individual aides to ensure adherence to the updates.
About our Caregivers
- Assisting Hands is a Licensed Health Agency (HCO-1837)
- Caregivers must pass strict in-person test and interview by one of our nurses (not online!)
- Caregivers must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a current Home Health Aide Certificate and Certified Nursing Assistant license
- Pass a Background Check
- Pass a Doctor physical
- Show negative TB test or produce a chest x-ray
- Complete In-House Assisting Hands training and pass our testing process
- Pass a job history verification and reference screening process
- Caregivers are Insured and Bonded
- General Liability Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Workman’s Compensation Insurance
- Unemployment Insurance
- Crime/Theft Insurance
- Caregivers will also have Social Security & Federal Taxes deducted from their paychecks
- Caregivers will receive supervision by one of our Nurses
- Assisting Hands can arrange for back up coverage. In the event that a Caregiver is unavailable for a scheduled appointment with a Client
When considering live in home care or 24 hour home care, perhaps the most important thing is compatibility between the caregiver and your loved one. We are here to be patient and place the perfect, courteous and respectful caregiver that can become a true companion.
Paying for live in home care or 24 hour home care
To help you understand your options in terms of paying for live in home care we’ve put together this helpful guide.