In Home Care for Senior Citizens and Adults
Our caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care are prepared to provide effective in home care services to help adults in Fairfax, VA in different scenarios. Our advanced in home care services can benefit the following:
- Senior Citizens Aging in Place
- Adults with Disabilities or Medical Conditions
- Hospice Patients
- Adults Recovering from Surgery
- New or Expectant Mothers (especially for high risk pregnancies)
When you contact Assisting Hands Home Care for our in home care services, we will send one of our representatives to the home of the client to evaluate the safety of the home and determine the specific care needed. Once our evaluation is complete, we will sit down with the client and their family to create a care schedule based on the specific needs.
The client can determine the care schedule and we will even coordinate our schedule with family members who are providing care. We guarantee that our caregivers are extensively screened and prepared to provide quality care services and companionship for your loved ones.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides the following in home care services in Fairfax, VA:
- Care Management: We will form a care schedule with the help of the client and their family that includes the specific care needs of the client. We will also balance our care schedule with that of any family caregivers.
- Personal Care and Grooming: Some senior citizens may have difficulty taking care of their personal hygiene, especially if they have limited mobility. We can assist with personal hygiene activities such as getting dressed, bathing, and using the restroom.
- Meal Preparation: Our caregivers will prepare meals each day for our clients and make sure the kitchen is cleaned up.
- Errands and Shopping: We will take care of important errands including grocery shopping and filling prescriptions, and we will also give our clients rides to doctor appointments and other important activities.
- Light Housekeeping: We will help keep the home clean with light housekeeping duties like vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, and laundry.
- Companionship: We make sure to hire caregivers that will provide excellent companionship as well as good care for your loved ones. We build personal relationships with our clients through conversation and engaging activities.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: We offer memory care services to help improve the memory of those affected by Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
- Respite Care: Our respite care services are ideal for clients who have a family caregiver. We will create a care schedule that provides relief for the family caregiver so they can tend to their personal lives.
- Post-Operative Care: Recovering from surgery is difficult and if you overexert yourself, you can suffer a setback in your recovery. Our caregivers can provide care for those recovering from surgery which includes medication reminders, monitoring conditions, and light housekeeping.
If you have a senior citizen or adult in your family that could benefit from our home care services in Fairfax, VA, contact Assisting Hands Home Care. We are a trusted home health care agency and each of our caregivers are licensed, bonded, and insured to provide effective care for your loved ones.
Activities For Seniors In Fairfax
After you find In Home Care Fairfax, VA, you’ll want to ensure your loved one remains active, receives the best services available, and leaves some time to have fun. The guide below outlines some activities seniors will may enjoy.
Blenheim Historic House
This 1859 brick farm house designed in the Greek Revival style and located in City of Fairfax, Virginia. Union Soldiers often used the grounds surrounding the house for encampments and as part of a reserve hospital system during the Civil War. As a result, more than 115 of these soldiers inscribed words and pictures on the first and second floor walls, as well as the attic of the house. Most noteworthy, Blenheim was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2001.
Richard Ratcliffe, the city’s founder, built the Ratcliffe-Allison-Pozer house in 1812. The Allison family expanded the house by 1824. This charming brick house is the City’s oldest residence within what was the original 6-block Town of Providence. The daily activities of some of its twelve owners and occupants are interpreted for visitors, illustrating commercial and domestic change along Main Street during the 19th and 20th centuries. Free docent-led tours 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Saturdays: May- October. Call: 703-385-8414
Visit Historic Flint Hill Cemetery
Flint Hill Cemetery is believed to be one of the oldest community cemeteries in Fairfax Virginia. The Flint Hill Burial Ground dates back to 1852. The Flint Hill Cemetery Association (FHCA) was formed to administer the cemetery in 1875. This cemetery hold the remains of more than 2,300 people. Here rest many of the surrounding area’s most prominent civilian and military figures, including many from the American Civil War. This could be an interesting site to visit with your elderly family member where they can read names from their family tree and research who has been laid to rest at the cemetery.
In conclusion, the above are among the best activities and services for seniors you can access in Fairfax . Choose any one of them and take your senior member there in order to relax and get to enjoy life once more.
Hopefully this guide to in Home Care Fairfax, VA is helpful. As stated, our goal is to keep seniors and other loved ones happy. Please let us know if you should need assistance finding in Home Care Fairfax, VA. Above all, Assisting Hands Home Care has a stellar rating, is actively involved in our community and cares about the people we care for.