Home Care Great Falls
If you or a loved one could benefit from in home care services, we encourage you to take advantage of our services here at Assisting Hands Home Care. Our highly trained and compassionate caregivers are ready to assist with day-to-day activities at all hours of the day.
From adults recovering from surgeries to senior citizens in need of care, we offer personalized care plans to meet their needs. Our home care services are a viable alternative to nursing homes and assisted living facilities for families in Great Falls, VA and the surrounding areas.
Who Can Benefit from In-Home Care Services?
In essence, anybody with a physical or mental limitation that prevents them from safely or effectively managing everyday tasks can benefit from home health care services. This includes:
- Senior citizens
- Adults with chronic conditions
- Disabled adults
- Individuals recovering from an operation
- Hospice patients
- New and expecting mothers (particularly when a high-risk pregnancy is involved)
- Similarly limited individuals
Personalized In-Home Care Services
Perhaps the greatest benefit that we offer our clients is our flexibility. Thanks to our caregivers’ rigorous training, we can help with almost any non-medical healthcare needs (e.g. health care services that do not require nursing/physician certifications). This includes:
- Care Management: Our caregivers will oversee the caregiving process to guarantee the needs of your loved one are being met. This includes coordinating a caregiving schedule between family members and our caregivers.
- Personal Care and Grooming: We will help your loved one perform daily tasks like using the restroom, getting dressed, bathing, etc.
- Meal Preparation: Malnutrition is a serious risk for limited individuals because they cannot easily drive to get groceries, or safely stand for long periods near hot stovetops and ovens. We will eliminate these concerns by preparing meals each day.
- General Transportation: We can pick up groceries and medication, or drive your loved one to family events, religious services, doctor’s appointments, etc.
- Light Housekeeping: The walking, reaching, and bending associated with cleaning can be hard on the body. We take care of vacuuming, mopping, laundry, dusting, etc. so your loved one does not need to.
- Memory Care: We offer Alzheimer’s and dementia care services to slow down the progression of memory loss and provide caregiving services for your loved one.
- Respite Care: Millions of Americans experience depression and general illnesses because they stretch their minds and bodies to the limits balancing care for their loved one with other duties. We offer respite care services to give you a much needed and deserved break.
- Post Operative Care: Our caregivers will oversee the recovery process and limit the risk of hospital readmission.
- Overnight Care: The night can be extremely hazardous due to fatigue, low-light conditions, and similar factors. Our caregivers remain attentive through the night to assist as needed.
- 24 Hour/Live In Care: We offer 24/7 caregiving services to ensure that a trained and attentive caregiver is available to provide assistance around the clock.
- Companionship: Compassionate services are in our DNA. No matter what your needs are, our caregivers will provide home health care services in a friendly, personable manner to meet them.
Before we provide our services, we will meet with you and your loved one to inspect the safety of your loved one’s home and create a customized care plan. We will then schedule our services around everyone’s needs.
Considering Activities and Services for Seniors in Great Falls, VA
After you find In Home Care Great Falls, VA, you’ll want to ensure your loved one remains active, receives the best services available, and leaves some time to have fun. The guide below outlines some activities seniors will may enjoy.
Even at their advanced age, seniors deserve to live their lives to the fullest. Age should not be an excuse to block them from getting both the essential services and social activities that they deserve. However, we need to be more choosy when it comes to the activities that seniors can do and places that they should visit. The physical and mental state of our loved ones sometimes have limitations. The same applies to services. Some service providers dedicate their services exclusively to the seniors. Here are the best activities and services for seniors involved with in Home Care Great Falls, VA.
Enjoy the view of the scenic waterfalls
The Potomac River has three famous waterfalls that attract thousands of visitors. If you have an elderly parent living in the area, it would be nice to visit the three waterfalls that are located in Great Falls Park. The terrain is not technical and you loved one can easily walk to the strategic viewpoints from where they can have a perfect view of the falls. Since we are concerned about the their safety, restrict yourself to the Overlook 3 in the park. It is easily accessible via a dirt path, and you should be able to move around with ease.
Iwo Jima Memorial
Another ideal activity that a senior in Great Falls can do is visit the Iwo Jima Memorial which is located in Northern Virginia. This is a U.S. Marine Corps Memorial (https://www.nps.gov/gwmp/learn/historyculture/usmcwarmemorial.htm) that was built to honor the Marines who died while defending the US. The most iconic structure in the memorial is a 32-foot-tall sculpture that represents the Iwo Jima war.
Take a walk in the Great Halls Park
In addition to enjoying the beautiful view of the falls, There are other things that you can do while in the Great Falls Park. One of the senior-friendly activities is taking a walk on the available trails. The trails in the park are quite smooth and an elderly person can handle them without any difficulties. The trails will take you deep in the forest and you will have an opportunity to explore nature. The fresh air emanating from vegetation can act as a stress reliever, especially for the seniors.
Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History (https://naturalhistory.si.edu/about/) is a perfect spot for seniors to visit during their free time. The museum stores lots of research materials, exhibits, education programs and collections. It is a knowledge base for many things, including the history of different African cultures, extinct animals such as dinosaurs or exotic minerals such as diamond, among others. The Smithsonian museum is easily accessible making it ideal for seniors who have mobility issues.
Udvar Hazy Center
Witness the marvelous work of science and technology at the Udvar Hazy Center (https://airandspace.si.edu/udvar-hazy-center). The museum displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts. It also has a reading room which is ideal for seniors who are curious about gaining knowledge through reading.
We hope this guide to In Home Care Great Falls, VA is helpful. As we stated earlier, our goal is to keep seniors and other loved ones happy. Should you need assistance finding In Home Care Great Falls, VA please do let us know. We are a home care agency with a stellar rating, actively involved in our community and above all, care about the people we care for.