In Home Care McLean, VA
The demand for In Home Care services has grown in recent years as more senior citizens and adults with disabilities are choosing to live in their own homes.
While many senior citizens can handle most of their daily activities, certain activities may become harder with age such as cleaning the home, running errands, or keeping up with personal hygiene.
Senior citizens in this position need extra help with certain activities so they can continue to age in their own homes. Assisting Hands Home Care provides in home care services to give senior citizens and adults with disabilities this extra help in McLean, VA
You can trust our caregivers to provide advanced in home care services that cover personal care, as well as transportation and light housekeeping.
In Home Care Services
At Assisting Hands Home Care, our caregivers are extensively screened to ensure that we hire caregivers who are dedicated to providing good companionship for our clients, as well as effective care. Our home care assistance can benefit adults in the following scenarios:
- Adults with Disabilities or Medical Conditions
- Senior Citizens Aging in Place
- Adults Recovering from Surgery
- Hospice Patients
- New Mothers and Pregnant Women (especially in cases of high risk pregnancies)
Our in home care services begin with an on-site evaluation of the home by one of our representatives to determine the safety of the home and the unique care needs of the client. We will then create a care schedule with the client and their family based on the results of our evaluation.
We let the client decide on the right care schedule, and we will make sure that our care plan accommodates their unique needs. We will even coordinate our caregiver’s schedule with a family caregiver if necessary.
You can trust our highly trained and carefully screened caregivers to provide excellent care and be a good social companion for your family members.
The in home care services provided by Assisting Hands Home Care include the following:
- Care Management: A care schedule is created with the help of the client and their family that will accommodate for their specific care needs, as well as the schedule of a family caregiver.
- Personal Care and Grooming: Taking care of personal activities such as getting dressed and using the restroom may be difficult for some seniors. Our caregivers will assist our clients with all matters of personal hygiene including bathing and dressing.
- Meal Preparation: We will make sure your family members get a good meal every day by preparing and serving meals.
- Errands and Transportation: Our caregivers will run necessary errands such as grocery shopping, and we will also provide transportation for our clients so they won’t miss a doctor appointment or family activity.
- Light Housekeeping: Basic housework can be difficult for some senior citizens to handle. We will take care of light housekeeping duties to keep the home clean.
- Companionship: Our caregivers are not only committed to providing exceptional care, but also good social companionship for your family members. We will establish a personal relationship with your loved one through engaging conversation, games, and other activities.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: We can provide in home care for those with Alzheimer’s or dementia which includes memory care to help improve memory.
- Respite Care: If your family has a designated caregiver, our respite care services can relieve the family caregiver so they can take care of their personal business.
- Post Surgical Care: Anyone who is recovering from surgery can use some help in their homes. Assisting Hands Home Care provides post-operative care including medication reminders, condition monitoring, and light housekeeping to help those recovering from surgery.
If you are looking for a trusted home care agency to provide in home care services in McLean, VA for your family members then give Assisting Hands Home Care a call. Our licensed, bonded, and insured caregivers will provide quality care services and be a good social companion for your loved ones.
Activities For Seniors In McLean, VA
Light Hiking and Nature Enjoyment
Being a senior citizen does not mean that you should stop doing the activities you enjoy. If you are still capable, there are several interesting places where you can do some light hiking and enjoy the natural environment. Engaging in hiking is actually a really healthy activity, and will help you keep fit and energetic. Here are some great places for hiking;
Great Falls Park
This is a great place for nature lovers who are keen to maintain an active lifestyle. The park offers great hiking trails, whereby you can also enjoy stunning views of the waterfalls. Animal lovers can also catch glimpses of local fauna such as deer, snakes, reptiles and a wide variety of birds such as heron. The Park is usually open from 7:00 am to 7:30 pm and you can spend as much time as you wish in the Park. Great Falls Park
Scott’s Run Nature Preserve
This Preserve also offers a beautiful trial in a scenic natural environment. The actual trail is shorter than what you would find in other parks, making it very ideal for senior citizens. It is also an easy hike, with a beautiful water fall at the end. You can enjoy the park with your grandchildren as well.
This is a historic park that also offers lovely hikes with a beautiful scenery. It is a historic site from the Civil War, whereby the Fort acted as a defense for Washington. Look for signs and information boards all over the trail, where you can learn more about the history of the Fort and its significance. Picnic sites are also available where you can take a moment and enjoy the scenery.
There are other parks in McLean, VA but their trials may be too challenging for seniors. The above three are short and easy, making them more appropriate for seniors.
This is an intimate theatre that hosts many quality productions of musicals, plays and other entertainment such as concerts. The theatre has been praised for having great acoustics, visibility and comfortable seats. If you are a theatre lover, you will definitely enjoy Alden Theatre.
McLean Community Center
This is a community run Center that offers a variety of activities that seniors can participate in. There are interesting classes that anyone can sign up for, where they will learn a new skill from friendly community members. The place also hosts locally produced shows, plays and concerts. The MCC is a great place to socialize and make new friends, while still supporting the local community.
Activities with Kids
If your grandchildren come to visit you, you can take them to some exciting places in McLean where you will enjoy spending time together.
This is the ultimate playground for kids of all ages. It is a playground with many attractions such as a carousel, a train ride and general play areas. There are also picnic areas, benches and gazebos where you can relax as your grand kids play. Even if you use a wheelchair, the park is wheel chair accessible and will therefore be able to accommodate you.
Do Some Shopping
Who said senior citizens cannot enjoy a shopping experience? You can buy yourself things that you like, or you can buy your family gifts for their significant events. The Tysons Shopping Center is one of the biggest and most comprehensive malls in McLean. It has something for everyone, and it is wheelchair accessible making it convenient for senior citizens. T
We hope this guide to In Home Care McLean, VA is helpful. As we stated earlier, our goal is to keep seniors and other loved ones happy. Should you need assistance finding In Home Care McLean, VA please do let us know. We are a home care agency with a stellar rating, actively involved in our community and above all, care about the people we care for.