Our caregivers are trained specifically to provide in-home care. They have successfully passed extensive background checks and are insured, bonded, and trained in CPR.
Trying to find the right person to come into your home and care for you or a family member can be overwhelming and stressful. Our goal at Assisting Hands is to make this process simple and relatively quick.
Assisting Hands Home Care can generally have qualified help placed in your home within 24 hours of our nurse assessment, and in some cases within the same day of the initial call.
Assisting Hands caregivers are full-time employees, not contractors. This is important, because it gives us the ability to ensure consistent training and supervision of all employees.
Our caregivers are trained specifically to provide high-quality in-home care. They have successfully passed extensive background checks and are insured, bonded, and trained in CPR and first aid. Several other criteria determine caregiver selection and hiring.
When you are ready, a nurse or another qualified staff member will complete the detailed medical, personal and safety profiles designed to understand your medical needs, interests, personality traits, and lifestyle. We compare that information to our caregiver database, in order to find the best possible match for your personal preferences and care needs.
These are a few highlights of the caregiver-hiring process used in our Fairfax County office:
- We hire less than 10% of job applicants, whereas the national industry average is above 30%.
- The state of Virginia requires state-level background checks. We add to our requirements federal background checks (FBI) and child abuse checks.
- All our caregivers are certified as Home Health Aides (HHAs) or Nursing Assistants (CNAs).
- We do not hire inexperienced caregivers who have recently obtained their certificates but still lack practical experience.
- A minimum of one to two years of previous experience is expected and in many instances our caregivers far exceed this minimum.
- Regardless of previous experience, all employment candidates must pass through a skill check and mandatory training provided by our nurses. They only are hired if they pass a test at the end of this process.