As “baby boomers” began to officially turn the population tide on January 1, 2012, the increased need for senior in home care became a national discussion. In the past, families were faced with few choices when their senior loved ones needed care. Fortunately, in the last several decades clinicians and other healthcare professionals have recognized the health and well-being benefit to receiving care while remaining in the comfort of home. As our country’s population continues to enter their golden years in record numbers, senior in home care is finally being not only recognized but celebrated as the preferred option for many in lieu of the traditional institutionalized care approach from years past.
Assisting Hands® offers a wide range of in home care services for the senior, disabled, and otherwise in need client. Some of the specific services offered for the senior in home care client include:
- Bathing, grooming, meal preparation, and housekeeping
- Home safety evaluations
- Recommendation for and placement of assistive devices in the home
- Fall risk assessments and individualized fall prevention plans
- Care Coordination with all members of the clients healthcare team
- Transportation and accompaniment to vital healthcare appointments
- Specialized care for the Alzheimer’s or other dementia client
- Compassionate, one-on-one end of life care for clients on Hospice
- Automated medication reminders
- Medical alert system
- Video monitoring services
Assisting Hands prides itself in providing outstanding in home senior care to our growing senior population, working together with the client and his/her loved ones to meet the specific requirements of each unique individual. The senior care process begins with a thorough in home needs assessment and home safety evaluation followed with recommendations on how best to serve each client’s individual needs. Of course, very special care is taken in making sure that there is a good “fit” between client and caregiver. As the situation and requirements of each client changes, we are also ready to change and make adjustments with our frequent re-evaluation system.
For a complete list please visit our full list of services.
If you or someone you know is struggling with finding senior in home care services for a loved one and would like to better understand the options for senior in home care, do not hesitate to call an Assisting Hands® office today to learn about how we can be help.