It’s one thing to take care of an ailing family member during the day, but it’s another thing entirely to cover them at night. In most cases, it is simply impractical due to work, children, personal health, and other factors for family members to be there at night for their elderly loved ones.
To help during nighttime hours, Assisting Hands Home Care offers overnight care services in Niles, IL. Through these our home care services, our caregivers will arrive rested, and remain alert throughout the night to provide assistance as needed. In the case of an emergency, we will be ready to respond instantly.
Overnight Caregiver Niles, IL
Seniors make up the primary demographic that benefits from overnight care, but that does not mean they are the only ones. We have found that those who benefit the most include any adults struggling with:
- Dementia: Individuals who are affected by dementia and other types of memory loss often wake up disoriented and confused. This can lead to them walking around aimlessly in low-light conditions, and in a fatigued state. To prevent accidents from occurring, our caregivers provide a friendly face to wake up to.
- A History of Falling: Getting up to use the restroom can be very risky for individuals with a history of falling. Our overnight care professionals will remain alert to assist in these scenarios.
- After Surgery: Fully recovering from a surgery can be a long and painful process. Oftentimes, this is most apparent during the night. Our caregivers remain available to help recovering adults change sleeping positions, get into and out of the bed, and get as much rest as possible.
- Vision Loss: Recent studies show that one out of every three adults struggle with some kind of vision-related disease. This can lead to dangerous situations at night due to already low-light environments. Our caregivers act as a second set of eyes to assist with nighttime tasks.
Overnight Care Services
Through our overnight care services, we have the ability to assist with all nighttime-related tasks. In addition to everything listed above, this includes:
- Getting ready for bed (changing clothes, washing up, etc.)
- Taking medication as prescribed
- Safely getting into and out of the bed as needed
- Getting to, and using, the restroom
At the end of the day, you know what your family member struggles with more than we do. To ensure that your loved one receives the care they need, we will sit down with you to create an effective care plan. Our caregiving services are completely customizable. We are happy to address any questions or concerns you have and develop an effective action plan. We provide these services in Niles, IL, and the surrounding areas. Our overnight care services can be covered by your loved one’s long term care insurance.
For more information or to schedule a free consultation regarding our overnight care services, contact Assisting Hands Home Care at (224) 444-6422.
Related Overnight Care Services: