Overnight Care — Who’s This Service For?
Whether you or a professional cares for a loved one during the day, you might want to consider also having an overnight caregiver.
For the most part, family caregivers cannot always provide loved ones with quality care. It’s mentally and physically draining to provide care, so breaks are necessary.
Even professional caregivers who have been trained to provide around-the-clock care get fatigued.
However, unfortunate events tend to happen during the nighttime, which is when people may be without a caregiver to assist them.
Knowing this, it is important to consider getting an overnight caregiver who will be awake, rested, and alert.
Most of the time, we are hired for overnight care services to assist elderly individuals affected by the following:
- Dementia: People with dementia have been known to wake up in a confused state and wander around aimlessly. They will typically feel at ease when seeing their caregiver’s friendly face.
- Post-Surgery: Recovering from surgery takes time and can be a long process. There’s inevitable pain and discomfort, making it difficult for people who recently had surgery to go to sleep. Our caregivers can help them get into bed, get out of bed, and change positions to ensure comfort.
- Fall Prevention: During the night, the risk of falls is higher when seniors wake up to use the bathroom. Our caregivers will help them get there safely, preventing falls and injuries.
- Vision Loss: Recent statistics show that 1 out of 3 older adults have a disease that affects their vision, making the nighttime a dangerous time. Our caregivers will be the eyes for your loved ones at night, ensuring they get between their bed and the bathroom safely.
Our Experienced Caregivers Can Help with the Following:
- Bedtime routines: helping with washing up and getting dressed for bed
- Helping clients get in and out of bed
- Bathroom use and other help needed at night
- Medication reminders
Assisting Hands Home Care — Nighttime Healthcare Provider You Can Trust
A lot of our well-trained caregivers are Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) who live in the Chicago area. They have all undergone extensive background checks and are insured and bonded, so you can trust them to work with your loved ones. Furthermore, our caregivers go through additional training to stay updated on the latest in in-home care. They can also be great social companions to clients and help with transportation, meal preparation, and housekeeping among other tasks.
Additionally, we have numerous caregivers who are multilingual, making our caregivers some of the best in the home care industry.
It can give families peace of mind knowing their loved ones have a professional to help them during the night. With our overnight care services, one of our trained caregivers will arrive in the evening and remain in the home with your loved one until the morning, awake and alert. Our caregivers are compassionate, dignified, and respectful when working with your relatives.