If you or a loved one receives care from a family caregiver during the day, then you might need to get an overnight caregiver to help cover the night time. Family caregivers cannot provide their loved ones with the effective care they need 24 hours a day. If you take care of a relative throughout the daytime, it tires you out mentally and physically.
Assisting Hands Home Care is available in Norridge, IL and the surrounding areas to provide overnight care services for seniors.
Overnight Caregiver Norridge, IL
Even if the family caregiver spends the night in the home with the relative who needs care, they will most likely be sleeping at night and won’t be able to respond quickly to an emergency.
Unfortunate events tend to occur during the night, which is why it is beneficial to have someone in the home who is awake through the night. Knowing this, it is worth considering our overnight care services from Assisting Hands Home Care. Overnight caregivers will be alert, awake, and well-rested to provide assistance in the event that there is an emergency.
In our experience, our overnight care for elderly services in Norridge, IL are most beneficial for elderly individuals who are affected by the following:
- Dementia: People affected by dementia often wake up in a confused state and will wander around aimlessly. To feel at ease, they often need to just see their caregiver’s friendly face.
- After Surgery: Recovering from surgery is a long process that can come with pain and discomfort. Individuals may have trouble sleeping after surgery. Our caregivers will provide assistance by helping them get into and out of bed and change their sleeping positions as needed.
- Fall Prevention: During the night, seniors tend to wake up to use the restroom, and our caregivers will help them get to the bathroom and reduce their risk of falling.
- Vision Loss: Per recent stats, 1 in 3 older adults are affected by a vision-related disease. As such, nighttime can be dangerous for such individuals. Our caregivers will be the eyes for our clients by guiding them during the night.
Our overnight caregivers can help with the following:
- Bedtime routines: washing up, dressing for bed
- Getting in and out of bed safely
- Guiding clients to the bathroom in the middle of the night
- Medication reminders
- Other nighttime help as needed
Overnight Home Care Services
Many of our home care aids are certified nursing assistants (CNAs) and live in the Norridge, IL, area. Our caregivers are also trained and have passed a background check upon employment. They are also insured and bonded for your protection. Some are also multilingual. We can confidently say that the caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care are among the best in the home care industry. They also do routine training to stay up-to-date with all of the latest in the industry.
Whether it be meal preparation, housekeeping, or transportation, our caregivers are skilled and qualified to provide various types of care. They also act as companions to clients and will treat your loved one with compassion, respect, and dignity.
If you need assistance with caring for a loved one during the night, give Assisting Hands Home Care a call at (847) 448-0844 to schedule a free consultation regarding our overnight care services.