Making friends can be difficult for active and healthy adults. Imagine how hard it can be for seniors who are unable to get out of the house or participate in common, everyday activities.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide companion care to give aging individuals somebody to talk to, play various games with, and simply remain mentally stimulated with.
This alone can greatly increase the quality of life for seniors and benefit their mental health. We are proud to offer this highly underrated service to those seniors living in the Park Ridge, IL area.
Benefits of Social Engagement
The list of benefits that social engagement can result in is too lengthy to discuss in full; however, there are several key factors that can be beneficial for senior citizens:
- Regular mental stimulation can keep even forgetful minds sharp and quick witted
- Common physical activities, such as walking, are very helpful for the health of elderly individuals
- Companionship itself can reduce the risks of depression from being consistently alone
As we mentioned above, the main reason why many aging individuals are unable to benefit from social engagement is that they cannot easily meet with others. In some cases, close friends have passed. In others, friends and family members can only visit sporadically.
On top of this, many seniors cannot drive or easily travel from one location to another. All these factors illustrate the importance of companion care.
How Assisting Hand Home Care Can Help
Assisting Hands Home Care is a full-service elderly care assistance provider. This means that we are uniquely positioned to communicate with, and help, aging individuals in any condition.
It does not matter if they are immobile, suffer from dementia, or could simply use company. Our caregivers can provide excellent at-home care and companionship.
While our companion care services are highly customizable, you can expect some of the following when you choose to work with us:
- Friendly conversations about past events, family members, favorite activities, and more. Our caregivers can be great talkers but are even better listeners. This daily dialogue does wonders for the mental health of seniors.
- The scheduling of social activities inside or outside of the home. We can do this for those receiving part-time or 24-hour care.
- We encourage exercise because of the benefits it can have toward mobility, blood flow, and more.
- Active thinking through board games, cards, hobbies, and similar pastimes can provide benefits that are similar to those gained through regular conversations.
Perhaps most importantly, our caregivers become a companion for life.
To speak with one of our tremendous caregivers about your care needs, simply give our Assisting Hands Home Care representatives a call at (224) 444-6422.