The baby boomer generation is continuing to reach the age of senior citizens in large numbers, and more of these senior citizens are choosing to age in their homes instead of leaving for a nursing home or care facility. However, senior citizens still need some assistance in their homes to live comfortably which has led to a rise in home health care services.
Advanced home care services are ideal for seniors who want to age in place, but need assistance with personal care or basic housekeeping. Assisting Hands provides in-home health care services in Des Plaines, IL for senior citizens and adults with disabilities who want to remain in their own homes.
Our trained and trusted caregivers can provide quality personal care services that include social companionship, and help out with certain activities like housekeeping and running errands.
In-Home Health Care
Each of our caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care goes through extensive screening and background checks before they are hired. We want to provide you and your loved ones with trusted caregivers that will provide excellent care and social companionship.
Our caregivers are ready to provide home care services for the following:
- Senior citizens who wish to age in place
- Adults with medical conditions or disabilities
- Hospice care patients
- Adults recovering from surgery
- New mothers and pregnant women, especially if there is a high-risk pregnancy
We start our in-home care services by performing an on-site evaluation to determine the safety of the home and the unique care needs of the individual. After we complete our evaluation, we will create a care plan with the client and their family that includes the schedule for our caregivers and accommodations to meet the client’s care needs.
If you have a family caregiver that helps out, we will work our care schedule around their schedule. The caregivers that we send to your loved one’s home have been extensively screened to ensure that they can provide quality care and treat our clients with compassion and respect.
The home care assistance services that we provide in Des Plaines, IL include the following:
- Care Management: We will help create a care plan and schedule that accommodates the care needs of the client and the schedule of a family caregiver.
- Personal Care and Grooming: Certain personal activities can become difficult for senior citizens as they get older, making it tough to keep up with personal hygiene. Our caregivers will help seniors with personal care and grooming including bathing and restroom use.
- Meal Preparation: We will prepare and serve daily meals for your loved ones and clean up afterwards.
- Errands and Transportation: If your loved ones no longer drive, we will run errands to get groceries and prescriptions, and also provide rides for doctor appointments and other activities.
- Light Housekeeping: Keeping up with housekeeping chores can be difficult for seniors, especially if they have limited mobility. Our caregivers provide several light housekeeping services including dusting, vacuuming, and laundry.
- Companionship: Providing good care is important, but providing good companionship may be even more important. Our caregivers will be a good social companion for your loved one, engaging them in conversation and other fun activities.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: We can effectively care for senior citizens who suffer from Alzheimer’s or dementia and engage them in certain activities meant to improve memory.
- Respite Care: Family caregivers devote a lot of their time to caring for their loved ones and need relief to tend to their own personal lives. Our respite care services can provide some much-needed relief for family caregivers.
- Post-Operative Care: Our caregivers can help seniors and adults who have just had surgery by taking care of light housekeeping and providing medication reminders.
Assisting Hands is one of the most trusted home care agencies and our caregivers uphold this reputation by providing excellent home care services for seniors and adults in Des Plaines, IL. All our caregivers are licensed, bonded, and insured and they have undergone extensive background checks to ensure that we hire caregivers who are trustworthy and compassionate.
You can call Assisting Hands at (224) 444-6422 to learn more about our home care services.