As individuals age and their bodies slow down, it can become increasingly difficult to live an independent lifestyle. Some aging adults handle this well, while others have a hard time coping.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide a number of customizable, at-home senior care services in Park Ridge, Niles, Harwood Heights, and Norridge, IL and the surrounding areas to help older individuals maintain a certain level of independence in their homes, but with the increased assistance and security that they need.
Families have a wealth of options when it comes to senior care. Some opt to provide caregiving services themselves, some hire a private caregiver or caregiving agency, and others find a healthy balance between the two. Assisted living communities are also an option, but this can have a negative effect on the mental health of those wishing to maintain an independent lifestyle.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we encourage you to select an option that works best for you or your loved one, and we are happy to answer any questions you have about our services. We regularly work with seniors, individuals with disabilities, and others with limited mobility or cognitive abilities due to natural conditions or a surgery or similar event.
Our caregivers are extensively screened and trained to provide compassionate, patient, and effective services. They are also bonded and insured to provide in-home care and are trained in First Aid and CPR.
Partial List of Our Non-Medical Services for the Elderly Provided by Assisting Hands Home Care:
- Elderly Care. Providing elderly care services for an aging individual or loved one can put an enormous amount of stress on your health and personal life. This is why we offer comprehensive elder care services for those in need in the Park Ridge, IL area.
- Whether your loved one is struggling with Alzheimer’s, needs assistance with day-to-day activities, or simply can no longer drive, our caregivers are ready to assist. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide compassionate, patient, and stimulating services to build relationships, and ensure a quality result.
- In-Home Health Care. In-home health care services are ideal for individuals who are recovering from a major surgery, who are pregnant, or who are aging. While many others benefit from these services, these are who we typically assist in at Assisting Hands Home Care. Through our services, our caregivers build relationships, help with day-to-day tasks, and perform other duties that our clients simply cannot do by themselves. If you or a loved one could benefit from these services, we would be happy to schedule an appointment and develop a plan based off your unique needs.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care. Memory loss is one of the most common ailments of aging individuals. When left unaddressed, it can lead to difficulty with day-to-day tasks, and present unique challenges for the affected individual and their loved ones. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we offer Alzheimer’s and dementia care services to prolong the memory of your loved one, provide assistance with daily tasks, and simply care for them in a mentally stimulating and compassionate way.
- Senior Home Care. As people age, their bodies and minds slow down, and they can get in a position where assistance with everyday tasks is needed. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide this help through our senior in-home care services. We offer a customized approach based off of your unique needs and give affected individuals the opportunity to age in the comfort of their own homes. Whether you need 24-hour aid or part-time assistance, our caregivers are happy to provide compassionate care.
- Personal Care and Grooming. As aging individuals slowly lose the ability to care for themselves, frustration and depression can set in. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide personal care and grooming services that are customized to the level of care that your loved one needs. Because we operate in the home of the affected individual, they are still able to live independently, but with the assistance that they need to do so safely. This can include help with bathing, getting dressed, eating, running errands, and more.
- Companion Care. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide companion care services to seniors in the Park Ridge, IL area. Through these services, we help aging individuals remain both mentally stimulated and physically active. Our caretakers love to have conversations about past events, family, and similar topics. We also encourage going for walks when possible or performing simple at-home exercise. These activities and more keep aging minds and bodies active and engaged, which can combat illnesses and other negative consequences of getting older.
- Meal Preparation. Eating a balanced diet is particularly important for elderly individuals because of their increased likelihood of getting injured or sick. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide customizable meal preparation services for seniors. Through these services, we will develop a shopping list, pick up the groceries, and then prepare the meal. Our caregivers can provide eating assistance as well, and will then clean up the dishes, cooking area, and table.
- Transportation and Errands. Safely picking up groceries, delivering mail, travelling for doctor’s appointment or to various social events can be extremely difficult (if not impossible) for seniors. This can be for a variety of reasons, but the results are the same. To help, we provide transportation and errands services here at Assisting Hands Home Care. Through these services, we can essentially help with any manner of driving or general transportation. This service is fully customizable to meet your requirements, and we offer it to those in need in the Park Ridge area. However, you don’t have to be a senior citizen to take advantage of our transportation and errand services.
- Light Housekeeping. Keeping a home clean can be difficult for able-bodied adults, let alone seniors. For the latter, this is because of the troubles they tend to have with bending down, scrubbing, and walking for extended periods of time. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide light housekeeping services to eliminate these issues. Our caregivers take care of common chores (such as dusting, sweeping, and vacuuming), and can even help with more complex situations based on your requirements.
- Fall Prevention. Medication, illness, and environmental factors are all leading causes of falls for seniors over the age of 65. At Assisting Hands Park Ridge, we supply you with a wealth of tips to help you avoid falls and can even provide customizable fall prevention services to reduce the risk of you or a loved one falling to the greatest extent possible. From cleaning and cooking to assistance with getting up and doing physical exercises, our caregivers give you a tremendous blanket of security in a non-intrusive way.
- Post-Surgical Care. Recovering from a health-related event can be a long, strenuous process. At Assisting Home Care, our caregivers are uniquely aware of this, and work with you to get you on your feet as soon as possible. To do this, we provide customizable post-surgical care services designed to give you the independence that you desire, and the assistance that you need. Whether this help is for cooking, transportation, rehab, cleaning, or something similar, we will take care of you in a compassionate and effective manner.
- Hospice Care. The need for hospice care is the last thing that families want to hear. This is because the service means that the affected individual is suffering from a terminal illness or has a limited life expectancy. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide individuals with personalized care to help them live out their final days in dignity. Whether it is assistance with meal preparation, housekeeping, taking medication, getting around the house, or nearly anything else, our caregivers will provide it with compassion and quality.
- Personal Emergency Response Systems. Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS) are a go-to device for individuals who need a security blanket in case of an emergency. This can include those at risk of falling, those working in hazardous conditions, and others with potentially severe medical conditions.The devices are wearable, connect to a receiver hooked up to a telephone jack, and can call emergency personnel with 24/7 availability. To learn more, we encourage you to contact our Assisting Hands Home Care representatives.
- Respite Care. Taking care of a loved one in need can result in a number of physical and psychological hardships over time. The reasons for them are as legitimate as they are common. For this reason, we offer respite care services. Whether you need to take a couple of hours off here and there, or would like to take a multi-day reprieve, our talented caregivers can step in to provide exceptional care while you rest.
For any of the home care services listed above, contact Assisting Hands Home Care at (224) 444-6422. We reliably serve Park Ridge, Niles, Harwood Heights, Norridge, IL and the surrounding areas.