In-home health care services are typically associated with elderly individuals who need assistance; however, they are also great for women who are pregnant, as well as those who have suffered from a major injury or illness (among others).
At Assisting Hands Park Ridge, we are happy to work with anyone in Cook County, IL who needs non-medical, at-home care. We will work with you based on your schedule and needs.
Who We Help
As we stated above, non-medical, at-home care is a valuable service for more than just seniors. We fully understand circumstances arise that inhibit otherwise healthy adults from getting around as necessary. The people that we assist the most include:
- Those recovering from a major surgery
- Hospice patients
- Adults with disabilities or medical conditions
- Seniors who are aging and have difficulty completing tasks alone
- Pregnant women (particularly those with high risk pregnancies)
Regardless of your condition or needs, you can expect our sociable, caring, and adept caregivers to get the job done right.
How We Help
At Assisting Hands Park Ridge, we can provide in-home health care services on a part-time or 24-hour basis. We understand that each individual’s needs are unique and build this flexibility into our services for your benefit. We can be at your door whenever you need us to be.
As far as what to expect from our in-home health care services, please see what we can provide below:
- Assistance with Day-to-Day Activities: Many of our patients cannot accomplish standard, everyday tasks easily. We help them do things like get dressed, prepare meals, take medication when required, etc.
- Physical Rehab: When our patients are given rehab exercises to complete (for example, following a surgery), we help them remember when to do them, and what exactly they were assigned.
- Personal Hygiene: Brushing teeth, bathing, going to the washroom, and similar activities can be difficult for many of our clients, which is why we provide assistance.
- Housekeeping: Our caregivers perform light housekeeping duties, such as dusting, vacuuming, and sweeping.
- Miscellaneous Tasks: We also pick up medication, shop for groceries, do laundry, provide transportation to and from the doctor, run errands, etc.
- Build Relationships: Companionship is important to our caregivers, and results in a more personal bond than a simple caregiver to patient relationship.
A secondary benefit that results from our services is received by the family members or loved ones of the affected individual. This is because providing these sorts of services yourself can take away from your personal and professional life, and lead to stressful and long nights.
This results in a lower quality of care over time, as well as a negative impact on your own livelihood. You do not need to worry about this when you choose to work with us.