Keeping up with common household cleaning can become increasingly difficult as our bodies age. This is because of the simple fact that bending over, scrubbing, and walking back and forth can take a toll. The result is a dirtier home over time as fewer cleaning tasks are completed.
At Assisting Hands Park Ridge, we help aging individuals maintain a sanitary living environment with our light housekeeping services. We are proud to provide this service to those in need in the Park Ridge IL and Cook County.
Risks of Living in a Dirty Home
The longer your home goes without being cleaned, the greater the allergen build up will be. In addition to dirt and dust, various germs and pests can begin to amass, as well. Living in these conditions can lead to a number of health risks for healthy adults, let alone seniors.
If you or a loved one is struggling to properly clean up around the house, then we encourage you to give us a call.
Light Housekeeping Services
At Assisting Hands Park Ridge, we provide customized home cleaning services to seniors in order to help maintain their health and overall wellbeing.
Our caregivers and cleaners understand the difficulties that elderly individuals can have with cleaning and are fully committed to providing a quality result.
Since our cleaning services are customizable based on your needs, you may not need to utilize all of our other offerings such as senior home care services. That being said, some of the chores that we commonly take care of include:
- Making the bed
- Washing dishes
- Cleaning toilets, sinks, and mirrors
- Doing laundry and ironing clothes
- Changing linens
- Mopping and sweeping floors
- Taking out the garbage
While the above items represent our basic service offerings, there are many more that we can provide. Some of the more unique items that we address include:
- Cleaning Cluttered Areas: Senior citizens are notorious for saving things that they do not need. In many cases, this is partially due to limited mobility. In others, forgetful individuals save items because they are unsure of whether or not they are needed.Regardless of the cause, these areas filled with cluttered items can present a fire hazard, trap dust, and result in similar negative consequences. We help to organize these belongings, sanitize affected areas, and throw away things that are not needed.
- Gardening: Many seniors are, or were, avid gardeners. Similar to cleaning on a regular basis, it can be difficult to get down in the weeds to maintain the health of various plants. We help aging individuals keep up with their horticulture hobby.
We operate in the Park Ridge, IL area, and look forward to meeting you soon!