Eventually, many will resort to easier to make food that is less nutritious, which can lead to a number of negative health effects.
The Importance of a Balanced Diet
It is important for all individuals to eat a balanced diet, but this is especially true for seniors because of their higher risks of illness and injury. Common signs that a senior has not been eating correctly include:
- Greater levels of fatigue
- Weight loss (potentially in a dramatic fashion)
- Decreased alertness
In order to combat these side effects, it is important for you to contact a professional meal service provider. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide personalized meal preparation services to give your loved one more options.
We fully understand the ramifications of failing to maintain a balanced diet. We also understand the unique difficulties that many seniors face. We address these factors and more through our meal preparation services that are part of our home health care services for seniors. When you choose to work with us, you will have access to the following:
- Grocery Shopping Services: Many elderly individuals are unable to drive or grocery shop in a safe and convenient manner. For this reason, we work with affected individuals to develop a custom grocery list and shop for these items.
- Meal Preparation: Standing for lengthy periods of time in front of a hot oven or stove is not exactly ideal for seniors. It can also be difficult to reach pots and pans or perform standard cooking tasks (like straining noodles).
- Meal Service: You can picture us as your own personal wait staff. We will first prepare your meal, and then bring it directly to you at the table. We can even provide eating assistance for those that cannot easily feed themselves.
- Cleaning Dishes: It would be rather ridiculous to leave a variety of dirty dishes behind. This is why we take the time to clean them, as well as the cooking area and table.
Being able to drive to the store, pick up groceries, and then cook is something that many of us take for granted. This is part of the reason why our caregivers are always courteous, compassionate, and helpful.
Seniors did not choose to be in this situation. Our caregivers may not be able to provide a 5-star meal, but they will try. We also take into account any food allergies that may be present.
To request meal preparation and grocery shopping services from our caregivers in Park Ridge, IL, contact Assisting Hands Home Care at (224) 444-6422.