After living a long life of independence, it can be extraordinarily difficult for seniors to adjust to needing assistance with everyday activities. This can result in both frustration and depression.
At Assisting Hands Park Ridge, we understand these unique circumstances, and provide personal care and grooming services that take these factors into account. Our experienced caregivers help aging individuals continue to live independently but are there when required.
This added assurance translates to fewer accidents, and a comparatively minor impact on the affected individual’s psyche. We offer these services to those in Park Ridge and Cook County, IL.
Benefits of Personal Care Aides
Aside from the clear psychological benefits that hiring a non-intrusive personal care aide can have, there are a number of physical benefits, as well. Our caregivers can provide the following and more:
- Assistance with getting dressed, bathing, and eating
- Reminders to take medication
- Help with oral hygiene
- Fall prevention by helping clients move (for example, from their bed or couch to the toilet)
- Incontinence care
Working with Assisting Hands Park Ridge
Our caregivers are highly skilled in building relationships with our clients and know how to respond to their needs. While every individual is different, it is our experienced and compassionate approach to providing personal care assistance that allows us to create an optimal personal care plan.
Through our personal care and grooming services, we can provide any in-home assistance services that your loved one needs. Among others, this includes the following:
- Meal Preparation Assistance: Seniors are notorious for not eating enough quality food because of how difficult it can be to stand and cook for extended periods of time. This poor nutrition equates to declining health over time, and less energy. Our caregivers address this by providing meals, as well as by assisting with grocery shopping. We can even help with consuming the food and cleaning up afterward.
- Out-of-the-House Help: It can be very hazardous for some seniors to drive, and others simply cannot at all. We will drive clients to doctor’s appointments, pick up groceries and medicine, and run other routine errands.
- Housekeeping: Dust and other allergens can result in negative health consequences if they are not addressed. This is one of many reasons why we offer light housekeeping services.
- Companionship: Whether they are willing to admit it or not, many seniors experience severe loneliness because of their inability to get out and do things. Our caregivers build relationships and provide companionship.