Assisting Hands Home Care provides elderly care services in Plainfield, IL and the surrounding areas in Will and Kendall counties to help elderly individuals live safely at home.
The first step of our elderly home care services is to send one of our staff members to the home of your loved one to evaluate the home as well as their specific care needs. After our assessment, we will form a complete care plan with help from you and your loved ones that will accommodate their care needs. Our elderly care services may include the following:
- Personal assistance
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation
- Errands and transportation
- Live-in care
- 24-hour care
We can tailor our care plans to include the following services depending on your loved one’s unique needs:
- Personal Care: If your loved ones have difficulty providing personal care for themselves, we can help them with personal care activities including dressing, bathing, restroom use, and other elements of personal hygiene.
- Fall Prevention: We can help prevent falls by guiding your loved ones through the home and keeping walkways free of trip hazards.
- Companionship: Our caregivers will provide your loved ones with social companionship as well as excellent care. We will engage your loved ones in conversation and fun activities to establish a personal connection.
- Meal Preparation: If your loved ones cannot cook for themselves, we will prepare regular meals for them that accommodate their dietary restrictions.
- Transportation and Errands: We can help elderly individuals who no longer drive by providing rides to family gatherings, doctor appointments, and other important events. We can also help with important errands like grocery shopping and prescription pickups.
- Light Housekeeping: We can help your elderly relatives keep their home clean by handling light housekeeping tasks such as dusting, laundry, and vacuuming.
- Respite Care: If you do have a family member who provides care for your loved ones, we can give them relief with our respite care services. Our caregiver will come at regularly scheduled times to allow the family caregiver some time off.
- Overnight Care: For elderly individuals that cannot be left home alone at night, we can provide overnight care services to ensure that a caregiver is present throughout the night. Our overnight caregiver will arrive in the evening and stay awake through the night in case your loved ones need assistance.
- Live-In/ 24-Hour Care: If a caregiver must be present in the home of your loved one 24 hours a day, we can accommodate these needs with our live-in and 24-hour care services. With our live-in care services, we will assign 2 caregivers to take turns living in the home of your loved one. With our 24-hour care services, we will assign two caregivers to alternate 12-hour shifts, ensuring that a caregiver is always present and awake.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: If your elderly loved ones suffer from Alzheimer’s or dementia, it is beneficial for them to receive care in their home. Our caregivers have the specialized training to provide memory care services for those suffering from these conditions.
- Post-Hospitalization Care: Retuning home from a hospital stay, whether due to illness or a surgery, is difficult for anyone, but especially for seniors. Our caregivers can help your loved ones on their return home from the hospital to ensure that they take their medication and get the rest they need to avoid a setback.
- Hospice Care: Our hospice care services are available for elderly individuals who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness or limited life expectancy. We will help your loved ones stay comfortable and live their final days with dignity while allowing you to take care of their other end of life affairs.
Our elder care services are personalized to meet the unique care needs of your elderly loved ones so they can age in place safely and comfortably. We will start by assessing the care needs of your elderly loved one and then assign a licensed caregiver who we think will be a good fit to accommodate their needs.
When an elderly relative reaches a point where they need help to live at home, many families will try to accommodate their care needs themselves. Living at home through retirement has become the preferred option for senior citizens and some families can provide them with the care they need to make this happen. However, handling the care of an elderly relative can be difficult for some families, and practically impossible for others.
At first, your loved ones may need help with tasks around the home or rides which can be easily handled by another member of the family. As they get older, they may require daily help with household chores or personal care which can be too much for one relative, or even multiple family members to handle. If your family cannot cover the care your elderly loved ones need to live at home, you can call a professional home care agency like Assisting Hands Home Care to provide elder care services.