The number of seniors who are choosing to leave their home for a retirement home or an assisted living facility is decreasing. Instead, more elderly individuals are deciding to stay at home to age, allowing them to remain in an environment that they are both comfortable and familiar with.
We, at Assisting Hands® Home Care, provide our non-medical home health care services for elderly individuals and adults with limitations. We have well-trained caregivers who make sure seniors’ care needs are taken care of. Additionally, our bonded, insured, and licensed caregivers will act as social companions for your loved ones. They have also each passed a background check, so you can trust them to work with your loved ones.
Call us at (815) 201-5445 to learn more our non-medical home health care services in Bolingbrook, IL and Will County area.
Non-Medical Home Health Care in Bolingbrook, IL and Will County Area
Despite the increasing popularity of aging at home, it isn’t always a safe thing to do without some outside care and assistance. This can be especially so if the senior has a chronic condition, cognitive or physical disability, or an illness. Assisting Hands Home Care can help seniors, expectant mothers and adults with disabilities in Bolingbrook, Joliet, Romeoville, IL and surrounding areas in Will County with the non-medical home health care services we provide (See the Full List of Services).
Local Information Resources
Quality Home Care / Home Assistance for Seniors
Within Assisting Hands Home Care’s home care services, we take care of whatever clients need help with: activities of daily living (ADLs), instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs), personal care, memory care and other care activities.
To begin our services, we conduct an in-home safety evaluation and do an assessment to learn of the client’s care needs. Then, we use this information to develop a personalized care plan, which often covers the following:
Activities of Daily Living (ADLs): Basic Needs
- Bathing and showering: It’s important for everyone to bathe on a regular basis, but this can be tough for seniors to do on their own. Our caregivers will help clients bathe and shower.
- Dressing: Some elderly individuals may have a difficult time getting dressed, but our caregivers can help them get dressed each morning and night.
- Grooming and personal hygiene: To ensure seniors are able to maintain their personal appearance and hygiene, our caregivers will help them with personal care activities.
- Incontinence care: If your elderly loved one suffers from incontinence, then our caregivers will help them clean up and change clothes.
- Transfer assistance: If elderly individuals have limited mobility, our caregivers will help them move around and transfer from their bed or wheelchair as needed.
Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs): Necessary Care Activities
- Errands: Our caregivers can run errands, such as prescription pickup and grocery shopping, if seniors do not drive.
- Light housekeeping: Our caregivers will do laundry, dust the home, vacuum, and perform other housekeeping tasks to keep seniors’ homes clean.
- Meal preparation: Seniors need to get proper nutrition on a daily basis, but cooking meals for themselves can be tough to do. Our caregivers will prepare daily nourishing meals that account for any dietary restrictions.
- Medication reminders: Our caregivers will remind elderly individuals to take their medication at the proper time and in the proper dosage.
- Transportation: Our caregivers can provide transportation to medical appointments, family events, religious services, and more.
Free Consultation For Your Senior Care Needs
Call (815) 201-5445 to learn more about the non-medical home health care services that Assisting Hands Home Care provides in Bolingbrook, Joliet, Romeoville, IL and surrounding areas in Will County to help seniors in need. We will come to your home for a free initial consultation.