There are fewer elderly individuals who are aging within an assisted living facility or retirement home than in previous generations. Rather, more and more seniors are choosing to age within the comfort and familiarity of their own homes. However, aging at home, although popular, is not always safe or easy to do without getting outside assistance and care.
Taking care of oneself and one’s home can prove to be difficult if the senior has an illness, chronic condition, or a cognitive or physical disability. With our non-medical home health care services, Assisting Hands Home Care is able to help those in need.
Non-Medical Home Health Care in Yorkville, IL, and the Kendall County area
Assisting Hands offers non-medical home health care services to elderly individuals, expectant mother and disabled adults in Yorkville, Oswego, Montgomery, IL, and the Kendall County area. We employ caregivers who have undergone extensive training, have passed a background check, have necessary licensing, and are bonded and insured. That said, you can trust our caregivers to not only provide quality care that meets the client’s needs, but to also be a great social companion for your loved ones.
You can call Assisting Hands Home Care at (815) 201-5445 for more about our home health care services in Yorkville, IL and the surrounding areas in Kendall county.
Local Information Resources
Quality Non-Medical Home Health Care Services
Our home care services will cover whatever your elderly relatives require assistance with. This includes activities of daily living (ADLs), instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs), custodial care, and more.
We start our services by conducting an assessment of your loved one’s care needs and by doing an in-home safety evaluation. Afterwards, we use our findings to create a customized care plan that caters to all care of their needs. The following are usually included within our home health care services:
Activities of Daily Living (ADLs): Basic Needs
- Dressing: Seniors can face difficulties when trying to dress themselves. Our caregivers will help them get dressed each day.
- Incontinence care: Our caregivers will help elderly individuals who suffer from incontinence by helping them change and clean up.
- Transfer assistance: Our caregivers will help seniors with limited mobility get around their home and get in and out of their bed, couch, or wheelchair.
- Bathing and showering: Regular bathing is important, but elderly individuals may find it difficult. Our caregivers will help seniors bathe and shower to ensure they keep themselves clean.
- Personal hygiene and grooming: Our caregivers will help seniors with personal care activities that allow them to maintain their personal hygiene and appearance.
Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs): Necessary Care Activities
- Errands: No matter the reason your elderly relative doesn’t drive, our caregivers will pick up prescriptions, shop for groceries, and run other errands for them.
- Transportation: Furthermore, our caregivers will give rides to appointments and events your elderly loved ones need to attend: religious services, family gatherings, medical appointments, and more.
- Meal preparation: To ensure seniors get proper nutrition, our caregiver will prepare daily meals that are not only nourishing but also account for any dietary restrictions clients may have.
- Light housekeeping: Keeping your home neat and tidy is important, which is why our caregivers will do light housekeeping tasks: laundry, dusting, vacuuming, and more.
- Medication reminders: Our caregivers will remind seniors to take their medications in the right dosage at the correct time.
Other Home Care Services For Seniors
Some other home care services we offer include but are not limited to the following: