Assisting Hands Home Care can help those in Yorkville, IL and the surrounding areas of Kendall county who are suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia with our memory care services.
It is usually best for those suffering with Alzheimer’s or dementia to receive care in their own homes because their homes are a safe, familiar environment. Our memory care exercises will help slow the effects of memory loss and we will also use positive reinforcement techniques to respond to mood swings and agitation.
Give us a call at (815) 201-5445 for more about our Alzheimer’s and dementia care services.
Memory Care Services in Yorkville, IL, Area
When someone suffers from memory loss or the loss of cognitive ability that hinders daily living, the person is suffering from dementia. Dementia is the general term that describes these symptoms, and there are various types of dementia including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s dementia, vascular dementia, bodies dementia, and more. Of the different forms of dementia, Alzheimer’s is the most common one.
Serving seniors located in Yorkville, Oswego, Montgomery, IL, and the Kendall County area, Assisting Hands Home Care provides Alzheimer’s and dementia care services to help those suffering from these conditions.
Signs and Symptoms: Aging versus Alzheimer’s Disease
Just because someone is experiencing memory loss, that doesn’t mean they are suffering from Alzheimer’s disease or a different type of dementia. Dementia symptoms can include the following among others:
- Impaired focus
- Short-term memory loss
- Sentence and task repetition
- Uncharacteristic mood changes
- Tough time finding the proper words to use
You must consult a physician to know for sure whether someone has dementia. There’s no cure for the disease, but medications can help slow its progression.
How Assisting Hands Helps with Dementia Care
When hearing that an elderly loved one has received a dementia diagnosis, families can be worried, facing concerns of how to get their relative the proper care they need. This is where we, at Assisting Hands Home Care, can help. Through our Alzheimer’s and dementia care services, we will provide everyday help, mental stimulation, and companionship in a secure environment.
Our Qualified Caregivers
- With our Alzheimer’s and dementia care services, we cater to the client, not the disease. This is done because every dementia care client we have can be at various stages in the disease.
- Our exceptional, qualified caregivers will spend the time and put in the effort to get to know your loved one: who they are currently and who they were prior to dementia.
- The caregivers we employ will keep elderly individuals’ minds sharp by engaging in social interaction and doing exercises that stimulate one’s memory, such as puzzles, personal interaction, and nature walks.
- With our Alzheimer’s and dementia care services, we can provide you and your family with peace of mind and your elderly relative with comfort and happiness in their own home.
Complimentary In-Home Consultation
Contact Assisting Hands Home Care for our Alzheimer’s and dementia care services in Yorkville, IL, and the Kendall County area by calling (815) 201-5445. We will visit you in your home for a free initial consultation.