When families are able to provide care for their elderly or disabled loved ones, taking care of their needs during the day is less of a hassle than providing care at night. Most family caregivers will go to their own homes at night or at least sleep at night when staying with their loved ones. If your loved ones needs assistance or has an emergency in the middle of the night, a family caregiver sleeping in the home may not react quickly enough. Leaving your loved ones in this situation at night can be scary.
Overnight Care for Elderly in Plainfield, IL and the Surrounding Communities of Will and Kendall Counties
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide overnight care services to help senior citizens and adults with disabilities in Plainfield, IL who should not be left alone at night. From the evening before your loved ones go to bed until they wake up in the morning, our caregiver will be present to provide whatever assistance is needed and respond to emergencies. You and your family will have some peace of mind knowing that our caregiver will be able to respond right away should your loved ones need assistance during the night.
Non-Medical Overnight Home Health Care
The caregivers of Assisting Hands are highly trained and specialize in providing non-medical home care. Each of our caregivers have passed a background check and they are licensed, bonded, and insured so you know you can trust them to provide quality, compassionate care.
Our overnight care services begin in the evening when our caregiver arrives. We will come to the home before your loved ones go to bed to help them with their nighttime routines. Once they are in bed, our caregiver will either remain in the bedroom with your loved one, or in a nearby area of the home and check on them regularly. If they need help to go to the restroom in the middle of the night or if they have an emergency, our caregivers will be right there to provide immediate assistance.
In the morning, our caregiver will help your loved ones out of bed and assist them with bathing, dressing, and other activities in their morning routine.
You can expect the following from our overnight caregivers:
- Help with activities of daily living (ADLs) in the evening and morning
- Help getting in and out of bed as well as help changing positions
- Medication reminders
- Help using the restroom at night
Our overnight care services are ideal for seniors and adults dealing with any of the following issues:
- Impaired Vision: Seniors and adults who have impaired vision will have a difficult time seeing at night. Our caregivers can help guide those with vision problems around the home safely.
- Falls: Many seniors are hurt and hospitalized by falls which can happen more easily at night. Our caregivers will prevent falls by guiding your loved ones through the home and keeping their path free of obstacles.
- Dementia Home Care: Seniors affected by Alzheimer’s and dementia can wake up in a state of confusion and start wandering. Our caregiver will immediately respond and guide them safely back to bed.
- Post-Surgery Care at Home: Recovering from surgery is difficult for anyone, especially seniors, and they may have a hard time sleeping at night. Our caregivers will help your loved ones change positions in bed and monitor their condition.
(See the Full List of Services)
Free Consultation for Overnight Care for the Elderly
If you have elderly or disabled loved ones who cannot be left home alone safely at night, then call Assisting Hands Home Care to schedule a free consultation. We will come to your loved one’s home to assess their care needs and work with you to form a complete overnight care plan. You can reach us at (815) 201-5445 for more about our overnight care services in Plainfield, Yorkville, and Bolingbrook, IL and the surrounding communities of Will and Kendall counties.