Assisting Hands Home Care offers in-home care services in Frankfort, IL, and the neighboring areas to help elderly individuals and adults with disabilities live at home safely. We will assess your loved one’s care needs and develop a home care plan catered specifically to those needs to ensure they are properly cared for.
Seniors are increasingly deciding to age at home, so in-home caregivers have become more important than ever. Aging in place means elderly individuals can maintain some independence and remain in a comfortable and familiar environment.
Many elderly individuals, however, are unable to safely live their everyday lives without some form of care or assistance. This is especially the case for seniors who have a chronic illness or limited mobility. But with in-home care services from Assisting Hands Home Care, your elderly loved one can comfortably live at home during their golden years.
Full-Service Home Care Agency
For a free consultation regarding in-home care services in Frankfort, IL, and the neighboring areas, contact Assisting Hands Home Care by calling (708) 880-7711.
Assisting Hands Home Care offers professional in-home care services to assist elderly individuals in Frankfort, IL. Each of the caregivers at our home care agency is bonded, insured, and licensed to provide seniors with non-medical home health care.
Furthermore, our caregivers are certified and well-trained and must pass a background check prior to employment. This ensures that only the best caregivers work with and care for your loved ones.
Non-Medical Home Health Care Services
Our caregivers will provide assistance for activities of daily living (ADLs) in addition to whatever else clients need help with, including instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs). To start, we will conduct an in-home evaluation where we assess your loved one’s care needs.
From there, we develop a care plan catered to meet those needs and choose a caregiver to assist your loved one. The following are among the tasks our caregivers will help with:
Activities of Daily Living (ADLs): Basic Needs
- Bathing and showering: Seniors who have cognitive or physical limitations can have a difficult time bathing or showering, but they need to bathe on a regular basis. Our caregivers know this, which is why they will help clients bathe or shower to ensure they remain clean.
- Personal hygiene and grooming: People value their personal appearance, which is why our caregivers will provide help with grooming and hygiene.
- Dressing: At the start of the day and at night, our caregivers will help seniors get dressed.
- Transferring: For seniors with limited mobility, our caregivers will provide transfer assistance, including transferring them from a bed, car, wheelchair, and more.
- Continence care: Our caregivers will provide help with any incidents concerning incontinence.
Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs): Self-Care Tasks to Maintain Independence
- Light housework: Our caregivers will keep your loved one’s home clean by doing some light housework.
- Meal preparation: To ensure elderly individuals have regular healthy meals, our caregivers will prepare daily meals, taking into consideration any dietary restrictions.
- Medication reminders: Forgetting to take essential medications can cause seniors to be admitted to the hospital. To prevent this, our caregivers will remind clients to take medications at the right time.
- Errand services/personal assistance for seniors: Our caregivers can handle errands like grocery shopping and medication pickups.
- Senior transportation: Our caregivers can provide seniors with transportation to family gatherings, medical appointment, and other events.
In-Home Care Services Provided by Assisting Hands
We provide the following in-home care services in Frankfort, IL and the surrounding areas:
- 24-hour home care and live-in caregivers: Some seniors need to have someone available to help them at all times. We can address this need through our 24-hour home care and live-in care services. In our live-in care services, the caregiver lives with the client at their home, provides care throughout the day, and then sleeps at night. With our 24-hour home care services, caregivers each work a shift lasting 8-12 hours and then switch out. This ensures a caregiver is always awake and available to provide care.
- After-surgery care: When people undergo surgery, they must be cautious and follow instructions to ensure a full, healthy recovery. Knowing this, our caregivers can provide help to those who are returning home from a hospital stay, making sure they recover.
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care: Elderly individuals who have Alzheimer’s disease or other forms dementia need specialized care, and this is best done within their homes because of the familiar environment. Our caregivers have been trained to provide memory care for those with dementia.
- Companion care: In addition to providing care to elderly individuals, our caregivers will also be companions to them. We get to know your loved ones, making conversation and engaging in activities so that we can develop a personal relationship.
- Elder care & Senior home care: If seniors have chosen to remain at home to age, then our caregivers can provide them with the care and assistance they need to be safe and comfortable, including help with activities of daily living (ADLs).
- Hospice care assistance: Our caregivers can help your loved ones who have a terminal illness or limited life expectancy. We will provide the care they need to be as comfortable as possible during their final days.
- Overnight home care: The nighttime can be dangerous for seniors, especially if they are left alone. Our overnight home care services can be beneficial for such elderly individuals. A caregiver comes in the evening and will remain awake throughout the night available to help and respond to emergencies.
- Respite care: Caregiving is a demanding job. It requires long hours, so it is important that family caregivers take the time they need for themselves. They should have breaks to rest and address their own personal lives and needs. With our respite care services, you can ensure that your elderly relative receives the care they need while the family caregiver takes a break
- VA home care: Veterans and their spouses can use the VA benefits they are eligible for to cover VA home care costs. Our caregivers provide necessary care to veterans at home and use VA benefits to cover the cost of such care.
Schedule a Complimentary In-Home Assessment
Call (708) 880-7711 for in-home care services in Frankfort, IL, from Assisting Hands Home Care. One of our staff members will promptly come visit your home to conduct an in-home consultation free of charge.