As the Baby Boomer generation enters its golden years, their risk of Alzheimer’s and dementia increases. Those affected will require frequent and even constant care as they progress into the later stages of the disease. Assisting Hands Home Care provides Alzheimer’s and dementia home care services in Mokena, Matteson, Frankfort, IL and the surrounding areas (See All Service Areas) to help dementia patients with incontinence care, guidance and companionship.
When caring for a dementia patient, it’s best to do so in the comfort of their home compared to an assisted living facility because their home is a familiar environment. Our dementia caregivers are specially trained to work with Alzheimer’s and dementia patients to provide positive reinforcement, companionship and even 24-hour home care to accommodate their needs. They will also engage them in a number of memory exercises to limit memory loss.
Alzheimer’s Home Care
For professional Alzheimer’s home care and dementia home care services in Mokena, IL and the surrounding areas, contact Assisting Hands Home Care at 708-880-7711.
Dementia Home Care
Alzheimer’s and dementia patients are unable to live independently for a number of reasons that may include the following:
- Wandering: When these patients suffer memory loss, they may be looking for something that doesn’t exist or someone who may have died.
- Incontinence: The later stages of Alzheimer’s and dementia involve the loss of bowel and bladder control. They may have trouble reaching the bathroom in time or may not realize what happened.
- Agitation: Most common in the early stages, patients realize they are forgetting things and feel frustrated or upset, causing them to lash out verbally or even physically.
- Forgetfulness: Starting with short-term memory, daily tasks can be forgotten, such as taking their medication on time, leaving the oven or stove on, eating regularly, or paying bills on time.
To help with these challenges, our dementia caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care are specially trained to work with dementia patients. We will help them feel comfortable and secure in their home, helping with dressing, bathing, incontinence and more.
In-Home Memory Care
Our in-home memory services are designed to limit patients’ memory loss with stimulating, engaging activities. Our services also include:
- Compassionate Home Care: Our dementia caregivers are specially trained to provide home care as needed, helping with transportation, meal preparation, light housekeeping and more.
- Personal Care: We can help with incontinence care, maintaining personal hygiene and grooming as needed.
- Memory Building Activities: Physical and mentally stimulating activities like a word search or puzzle can be helpful towards limiting memory loss.
- Companionship and Conversation: While the loss of short-term memory is common and frustration can arise as a result, our caregivers will provide positive reinforcement. We can also partake in meaningful conversation to provide companionship and social interaction.
Providing informal care for loved ones with dementia can be challenging and even overwhelming, especially if they are in the later stages of dementia. Our caregivers can help with home care services, personal care, companionship and much more, allowing family caregivers a much needed break while helping your elderly loved one to feel safe and secure in their home.
Schedule a Free Consultation
To schedule a free consultation regarding our Alzheimer’s and dementia care services in Mokena, IL or the surrounding areas, give us a call at 708-880-7711.