Assisting Hands Home Care provides comprehensive elderly care and senior home care services in Sollitt and Bourbonnais, IL to help senior citizens who wish to age in their homes. Our staff will meet with you and your senior loved ones to evaluate their care needs and form a home care plan to ensure they get the care and assistance they need to continue living at home.
The current generation of senior citizens has many options available to them when it comes to receiving care. Seniors can choose to move to an assisted living facility or nursing home, but they also have the option of receiving professional care in their homes. Choosing home care will give seniors more freedom and control over their day-to-day lives and allow them to remain in the comfortable and familiar environment of their home.
While seniors can retain much of their freedom by aging in place, they will likely need some care and assistance to ensure they can live at home safely. Chronic illnesses, dementia, and decreased mobility can make it difficult for seniors to effectively care for themselves and take care of their home. Family members can often provide some assistance to help their senior loved ones, but it becomes difficult for relatives to continue providing care when their needs increase. In these instances, it is best to work with a home care agency like Assisting Hands Home Care.
Elderly Care Services
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we can help seniors who have chosen to age in place with our senior and elderly care services in Bourbonnais, Illinois. We start our senior care services by meeting with you and your loved ones in their home to complete an evaluation of their care needs. We will then form a personalized care plan that covers your loved one’s needs and choose a caregiver who will provide the best possible care for your loved ones while treating them with compassion and respect.
For a free consultation concerning our elder care services in Bourbonnais, Sollitt IL, and the neighboring areas, call Assisting Hands Home Care at (708) 880-7711.
Our senior care services are always personalized based on the specific care needs and schedule of our clients. We work with families when creating the care plan to ensure that we accommodate for every one of the client’s needs. Our care plans are also flexible so they can be adjusted to accommodate for changing needs.
Our caregivers are licensed, bonded, and insured for your protection and they have each passed a background check and received training upon hire. You can trust our caregivers to provide high-quality home care and treat your loved ones with compassion and respect. Our caregivers will also be a companion for your loved ones and build a personal relationship with them.
Our elder care services can include help with the following activities of daily living (ADLs):
- Help with Personal Hygiene: We can assist your loved ones with personal hygiene activities including washing up and bathing, brushing their teeth, and combing their hair.
- Bathing and Showering: If your loved ones have difficulty bathing, our caregivers can help them in the bath or shower.
- Restroom Use: We can provide as much assistance as needed for restroom use.
- Dressing: We can help your loved ones get dressed each morning and at night before bed.
- Transfer Assistance: Our caregivers can help those with limited mobility by walking them through the home and helping them get up from their bed, recliner, or wheelchair.
- Incontinence Care: We can help those who struggle with incontinence.
Our caregivers can also help your loved ones with the following instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs):
- Meal Preparation: Cooking may be a difficult or dangerous activity for seniors with limited mobility or dementia. Our caregivers will prepare meals that account for dietary restrictions to ensure your loved ones get the nutrition they need.
- Grocery Shopping: We will make trips to the grocery store to make sure there is food in the home. We can also help with other important errands.
- Transportation: If your senior loved one no longer drives, our caregiver can provide transportation to take them to doctor appointments, family events, and other engagements.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers can help keep the home clean by taking care of light housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming, laundry, dusting, and taking out the garbage.
- Companionship: Our caregivers will provide your loved ones with genuine social companionship as we will build a personal relationship with them and keep them engaged through friendly conversation and fun activities.
Call Assisting Hands for an In-Home Consultation
Our caregivers at Assisting Hands Home Care are ready to provide elderly home care for seniors in Bourbonnais and Sollitt, IL who are aging in place. You can reach us at (708) 880-7711 to set up a free in-home consultation for our senior home care services.