With more senior citizens choosing to age in place than previous generations, the role of in-home caregivers has become much more important. Seniors choose to age within their own homes because this option allows them to live independently in their familiar surroundings.
However, many seniors cannot live their everyday lives completely without assistance, especially if they have limited mobility or a chronic illness or condition. In-home caregivers like those at Assisting Hands Home Care can provide quality, compassionate care for your elderly loved ones to allow them to live their golden years comfortably at home.
Full Service Home Care Agency
Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (708) 880-7711 to schedule a free consultation about our in-home care services in Matteson, Frankfort, Mokena IL and surrounding areas.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides professional in-home care services for senior citizens in Matteson, IL. We are a licensed, insured, and bonded home care agency ready to provide non-medical home health care and we employ highly trained and certified caregivers.
Each of our caregivers must pass a background check to ensure that the caregivers we send to your loved one’s home can provide quality care and treat your loved ones with compassion and respect.
Non-Medical Home Health Care Services
Our in-home caregivers will assist your loved ones with activities of daily living (ADLs) as well as with other tasks needed around the home, known as instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs). Our services begin with an in-home evaluation by our owner or on-staff nurse to assess the needs of your loved ones.
We will then create a personalized care plan and choose the right in-home caregiver who can provide the care and companionship your loved ones need. Our caregivers can help your loved ones with the following:
Activities of Daily Living (ADLs): Basic Needs
- Bathing and showering: Bathing or showering can be difficult for seniors with physical or cognitive limitations, but it is still important to bathe regularly. Our caregivers will assist your loved ones with their bath or shower.
- Personal hygiene and grooming: We understand that personal appearance is important to seniors. We will assist your loved ones with hygiene and grooming activities to help them maintain their personal appearance.
- Dressing: Our caregivers will help your loved ones dress for the day in the morning and for bed at night.
- Transferring: If your loved ones have limited mobility, we will help with transferring including getting in and out of bed, a chair, wheelchair, and the car.
- Continence care: If your loved one struggles with incontinence; our caregivers will provide assistance if there is an incident.
Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs): Self-care Tasks to Maintain Independence
- Light housework: Our caregivers will do light housework to help keep the home clean and tidy.
- Meal preparation: We will prepare meals each day to ensure that your loved ones get enough nutrition and we are always mindful of their dietary restrictions.
- Medication reminders: Our caregivers will remind your loved ones to take their medication at the proper time. Forgetting to take medication is a major reason senior citizens to end up in the hospital.
- Errand Services / Personal Assistance for Seniors: We can take care of necessary errands such as grocery shopping, medication pickups, and shopping for clothing and other needed items.
- Senior Transportation: Our caregivers can provide rides to get your loved ones to doctor appointments, family gatherings, and other events.
In-Home Care Services Provided by Assisting Hands
- 24-Hour Home Care & Live-In Caregivers: For seniors who need someone present around the clock, we provide 24-hour and live-in care. With our live-in care services, a caregiver will live at the home and provide care throughout the day, but sleep at night. With our 24-hour care services, our caregivers will switch shifts every 8 to 12 hours to ensure that a caregiver is present and awake to provide assistance.
- After-Surgery Care: Returning from surgery is difficult and failure to get enough rest or follow discharge instructions can result in a setback and a return to the hospital. Our caregivers help those returning from a surgery or a hospital stay get the care and assistance they need to make a strong recovery.
- Alzheimer’s Home Care and Dementia Home Care: Seniors who suffer from Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia require specialized care and it is best for them to receive care in the familiar environment of their homes. Our caregivers are specially trained to provide dementia care for those affected by these conditions in their homes.
- Companion Care: Our caregivers will not only provide care for your loved ones, but also companionship. We will develop a personal relationship with your loved ones through friendly conversation and engage them in fun activities.
- Elderly Care & Senior Home Care: Our caregivers can help senior citizens who have chosen to age in place by providing assistance with personal care and activities of daily living (ADLs) as well as certain tasks around the house.
- Hospice Care: If you have loved ones who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness or limited life expectancy, we can help keep them comfortable as they receive hospice care treatment with our hospice care assistance.
- Overnight Home Care: In some cases, it can be hazardous to leave seniors home alone at night. With our overnight care services, we will have a caregiver arrive in the evening and stay awake through the night to provide assistance and respond to emergencies.
- Respite Care: Family caregivers spend long hours providing care and assistance for their loved ones and they need regular breaks to rest and manage their personal lives. We provide respite care in which one of our caregivers will provide care for your loved ones while the family caregiver takes some time off.
- Veteran Home Care: Veterans and the spouses of veterans who are eligible for VA benefits can use these benefits to cover the cost of VA home care. Our caregivers will help veterans by providing the care they need in their homes while their VA benefits help cover the cost.
If you have elderly loved ones in Matteson, IL that need in-home care to age in place, give Assisting Hands Home Care a call at (708) 880-7711. We can send a member of our staff to your home right away for a free in-home consultation.