For many senior citizens, experiencing a decline in cognitive and physical abilities is bad enough. This decline in ability makes it very difficult for seniors to care for themselves and live at home safely. The situation can be much worse if seniors are dealing with feelings of loneliness from a lack of social interaction. This is quite common among seniors whose spouses and friends have passed away and those who live far from their families.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides seniors with more than effective home care as our caregivers can also be senior companions through our companion care services in Matteson, IL. Our main goal is to ensure that your senior loved one’s care needs are met by helping with activities of daily living (ADLs) and other household tasks. In addition, our elderly companions will get to know your loved ones on a personal level and provide them with social companionship that will help alleviate feelings of loneliness and depression. You can expect our caregivers to engage your loved ones in friendly conversation and we will partake in fun activities with them, including their favorite hobbies.
Elderly Care and Companionship
Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (708) 880-7711 to schedule a free consultation about our Companion Care services in Matteson, Frankfort, Mokena IL and surrounding areas.
In-home care services help ensure that seniors get the care they need to safely age in place, but their emotional and mental well-being is also important. Each of our caregivers understands that they are a senior companion as well as a caregiver for your loved ones and they will actively develop a personal relationship with them. Our caregivers are also screened before they are hired and they are licensed, bonded, and insured, so you can trust them to provide quality companion care and treat your loved ones with compassion and respect.
You can expect the following from our companion care services:
- Personal Care: Our caregivers will help your senior loved ones with self-care by providing assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs). We can help with restroom use, bathing, getting dressed, transferring, and medication reminders.
- Companionship: It is important for seniors to have a companion who will engage them in friendly conversation and their favorite activities. Our caregivers will get to know your loved ones on a personal level and provide them with companionship as well as effective care.
- Transportation and Errands: Seniors give up some of their independence when they can no longer drive. We can help by providing transportation to take your loved ones to doctor appointments and important engagements and we can take care of errands like grocery shopping.
- Light Housekeeping: If your loved ones can no longer keep their homes clean, we can help by taking care of light housekeeping duties. Our caregivers can assist with laundry, sweeping, dusting and other tasks.
- Meal Preparation: It is important for seniors to eat regular meals to get the nutrition they need. If your loved ones no longer cook, we can prepare meals for them that account for their dietary restrictions.
Call Assisting Hands for a Free In-Home Consultation
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we will provide your loved ones with quality, compassionate care as well as meaningful social companionship. We will start with a free in-home consultation in which we will evaluate your loved one’s care needs and assign a caregiver who can accommodate these needs and get along well with your loved ones. Give us a call at (708) 880-7711 to schedule a consultation for our companion care services in Matteson, IL and surrounding areas.