Senior citizens have plenty of options when they reach the point where they need daily care. Receiving care at a nursing home or assisted living facility is always an option, but more seniors are choosing in-home care services so they can remain at home as they age. Home care not only allows seniors to stay in the familiar environment of their homes, but also helps them maintain some independence and more control over their lives than at a care facility.
In many cases, seniors need care and assistance to continue to live safely at home. It becomes more difficult to drive, take care of the house, and handle self-care as seniors experience cognitive and physical limitations. Many seniors may have family members step in to provide care, but not all families can handle providing the care their elderly loved ones need on their own. If you have elderly relatives that need help to age in place, you should reach out to a home care agency like Assisting Hands Home Care.
Complete Elderly Home Care Services
Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (708) 880-7711 to schedule a free consultation about our Senior Home Care | Elderly Care services in Matteson, Frankfort, Mokena IL and surrounding areas.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides complete elderly home care services for senior citizens in Matteson, IL. These services begin with a complimentary in-home evaluation in which our professionals will assess the care needs of your loved ones. With this information, we will create a care plan and schedule that accommodates your loved ones needs and assign a caregiver who can provide effective care while treating your loved ones with compassion and respect.
The elder care services we provide are always personalized to cover the unique care needs of our clients. We work directly with our clients and their families to ensure that our in-home care plan is comprehensive, and that the caregiver schedule works for all involved. Our care plans are also flexible so they can be adjusted when the care needs of your loved ones change.
We hold our caregivers to the highest standards as they must each pass a background check upon employment and receive additional training before providing care. Our caregivers are also licensed, bonded, and insured for your protection. You can expect our caregivers to not only provide effective care for your loved ones, but also develop a personal relationship with them and provide them with meaningful social companionship.
Our senior home care services can accommodate the following activities of daily living (ADLs):
- Assistance with Personal Hygiene: Our caregivers will help your loved ones with all personal hygiene activities including brushing their teeth, combing their hair, and washing up/ bathing.
- Bathing and Showering: We can provide as much assistance as needed to help your loved ones bathe or shower each day.
- Restroom Use: We can help your loved ones if they need assistance using the restroom.
- Getting Dressed: Our caregiver can provide assistance as your loved ones get dressed in the morning and for bed at night.
- Transfer Assistance: If your loved ones need help moving around the house, we can help guide them through the home and help them into and out of their bed, recliner, or wheelchair.
- Incontinence Care: If your loved ones struggle with incontinence, we can provide the assistance they need.
Our elderly care services can also include instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs) to help out around the house:
- Meal Preparation: If your senior loved ones no longer cook, they may not get the nutrition they need on a regular basis. Our caregivers can provide meal preparation to ensure that your loved ones get regular meals that do not conflict with their dietary restrictions.
- Grocery Shopping: We will make sure there is food in the home for meals and snacks by assisting with the grocery shopping.
- Transportation: We can help seniors who no longer drive by providing rides to important engagements like doctor appointments, and we can also help complete necessary errands.
- Light Housekeeping: We will help your loved ones keep their home clean and orderly by helping with certain housekeeping tasks such as laundry, dusting, and taking out the garbage.
- Companionship: As our caregivers provide care for your elderly loved ones, they will get to know them through friendly conversation and build a personal relationship. Our caregiver will also participate in their favorite hobbies and engage them in fun activities.
Call Assisting Hands for a Free In-Home Assessment
If you have senior loved ones who have chosen to age in place, our senior home care services will ensure that they receive the care they need to remain safe and comfortable in their homes. Give us a call at (708) 880-7711 to schedule a free in-home assessment for our senior and elderly care services in Matteson, IL.