Trusted Companion Caregivers in Elmhurst, IL Area
Seniors commonly feel lonely, particularly if their family and friends live far from them. These feelings of loneliness can then cause seniors to suffer from depression.
With companion care services from Assisting Hands Home Care, our caregivers can help decrease lonely and depressing feelings seniors may have. Our caregivers will be more than just caregivers to your elderly loved ones; they will be their companions, building a personal relationship with them in addition to providing personal care. Call (630) 313-6160 for more information regarding the companion services that Assisting Hands offers in the Elmhurst, IL, area.
Custodial Care and Assistance with ADLs in Elmhurst, IL Area
Within our custodial care, we can offer various services that provide elderly individuals and disabled adults with help concerning activities of daily living (ADLs) such as bathing, dressing and eating. Along with personal care, our caregivers take the time to develop a personal relationship with clients, doing their favorite activities and hobbies with them.
The following are among the activities our caregivers help with:
- Companionship: Not only will our caregivers provide care to elderly individuals; our caregivers will also be companions to your loved ones. Our caregivers will get to know seniors by engaging in conversations and doing games, hobbies, and other fun social activities with them.
- Personal Care: Our caregivers provide help to seniors and disabled adults with a variety of ADLs. We will assist with restroom use, bathing, toileting, oral hygiene, incontinence care, and dressing. Our caregivers also help with personal mobility, walking, and transferring to and from a wheelchair, chair, or bed. We can provide other services as needed.
- Meal Preparation: When people have healthy, nutritious meals on a daily basis, their health and well-being improves. Our caregivers will ensure your elderly loved ones eat properly and get their nutrients by preparing them meals that account for any dietary restrictions they may have. Our caregivers will also serve meals, provide help with eating if needed, and clean up after the meal.
- Grocery Shopping and Errands: Whether it be shopping for groceries or picking up medication, our caregivers can run errands for your loved ones.
- Light Housekeeping: Keeping one’s home clean is important. Our caregivers will help seniors’ homes stay tidy by conducting light housekeeping tasks, including dusting, sweeping, mopping, laundry, and more.
Complimentary Assessment for Your Home Needs
Get in touch with Assisting Hands Home Care at (630) 313-6160 if you have elderly loved ones in Elmhurst, IL, who need in-home custodial care services and companionship. We will provide you with a free in-home consultation for our personal care and companion services. We will develop a customized care plan that fits your loved one’s needs to ensure they receive the best care possible. We will also assign a caregiver who we believe will be an excellent companion to the elderly individual in need.