Assisting Hands Home Care helps senior citizens in Elmhurst, IL who have chosen to age at home with our elderly home care services. We will work with you and your loved ones to evaluate their care needs and create a comprehensive home care plan.
When people reach their golden years and start to need assistance in their homes, their relatives may step in to provide them with care and assistance. Family members can help their elderly relatives with household tasks, transportation, and some self-care, but it may become difficult to keep up with their loved one’s increasing needs. If your elderly loved ones require consistent care and assistance in their home, then it might be time to work with an elderly care provider.
In-Home Elder Care Services in Elmhurst
At Assisting Hands Home Care, we provide in-home elder care services to help senior citizens live comfortably at home in Elmhurst, IL and the surrounding areas. We will send a representative to the home of your loved one to evaluate their care needs and create a care plan and schedule that accommodates their needs and works for all involved. A home caregiver will then be chosen who can ensure that your loved one’s care needs are met.
The caregivers of Assisting Hands are trained and licensed to provide effective home care services and they are also bonded and insured. Our caregivers will not only provide your loved ones with quality care, but we will also treat your loved ones with compassion and respect and develop a personal relationship with them.
Our personalized elderly care services may include the following:
- Personal care: We will make sure your loved one’s personal care needs are met by helping them with activities of daily living (ADLs) including dressing, bathing, restroom use, eating, ambulation.
- Care management: Our caregivers will work with you and your loved ones to manage and coordinate their care. We can help by taking your loved ones to doctor appointments and reminding them to take their medication.
- Companion care: Our caregivers will provide more than just care for your loved ones; we will also provide them with social companionship. We build personal relationships with your loved ones and engage them in friendly conversation and fun activities.
- Fall prevention: We will help reduce the risk of falling by keeping the home clear of tripping hazards and helping your loved ones as they move throughout the home.
- Light housekeeping: Our caregivers will assist with certain housekeeping tasks to keep the home clean including dusting, mopping, vacuuming, and emptying trash.
- Meal preparation: We will ensure that your loved ones eat regular meals with our meal preparation services. Our caregivers will prepare meals for your loved ones each day and take their dietary restrictions into account.
- Transportation and errands: If your loved ones no longer drive, we will provide transportation so they can get to doctor appointments and other events. We can also help them take care of necessary errands.
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care: Our caregivers are trained to provide care for those suffering from Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. We can counteract many of the common symptoms of Alzheimer’s and help slow memory loss with mentally stimulating activities.
- Post-Surgical care: If your loved ones have recently had surgery or returned home from the hospital after an illness, we can provide the care they need to recover.
- Respite care: Our respite care services are ideal for seniors who are cared for by a family caregiver. We will send one of our caregivers to the home at scheduled times to take over and allow the family caregiver some time off.
- Overnight care: If you do not want to leave your elderly loved ones home alone at night, we can help with our overnight care services. Our caregiver will come to the home each evening and stay awake through the night to provide assistance or react to emergencies.
- Live-In/ 24-Hour Care: We can provide care for your loved ones 24 hours a day with our live-in and 24-hour care services. Whether you need a caregiver to live in the home or constant supervision 24 hours a day, we can help.
Free In-Home Assessment from Assisting Hands
If you have an elderly loved one in Elmhurst, IL who needs care and assistance in their home, contact Assisting Hands Home Care to learn how we can help with our elderly care services. We will meet in your loved one’s home for a free assessment of their care needs and form a care plan that will cover their needs. Give us a call at (630) 313-6160 to set up an appointment.