Senior Care Process
To begin, we have one of our staff members visit your loved one’s home to do a safety inspection. Additionally, we conduct an evaluation to determine what the client’s care needs are, allowing us to develop a quality care plan. To create the care plan, we use feedback from the client and their family. This ensures that we cover all of your loved one’s specific care needs. Afterwards, we assign a licensed caregiver to provide care and assistance to the elderly individual.
Senior care services include, but are not limited to:
- Errands and transportation
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation
- 24-hour and live-in care
- See All Services
Complete Elderly Care Services in Elmhurst, IL Area
Assisting Hands Home Care provides comprehensive senior care services for elderly individuals in Lombard, Addison, Elmhurst, Villa Park, IL, and the neighboring areas in DuPage County. We always customize our senior care services to ensure your loved one’s unique needs are met. We will create an effective care plan and choose a fitting caregiver by collaborating with the client and their family. The following are some of the services included within our elderly care:
- Companionship: Our caregivers are not only caregivers for your loved ones but also companions and friends to them. Our caregivers develop personal relationships with clients by engaging in fun activities and conversation.
- Custodial Care: Personal care activities can be troublesome for elderly individuals. This includes getting dressed, restroom use, bathing, and showering. Our caregivers will assist with personal hygiene and other custodial care tasks to ensure your loved one keeps up with personal care.
- Fall Prevention: The leading cause of injuries for elderly individuals is falls. Our caregivers will decrease the chance of falls by guiding seniors throughout their home and by keeping their home’s walkways clear.
- Errands and Transportation: If you have loved ones who no longer drive, then we can help. Our caregivers can provide seniors with transportation to medical appointments, to visit families, and to run errands.
- Light Housekeeping: If an individual has physical or cognitive limitations, then it can be difficult for them to do housekeeping activities. Our caregivers will help by doing light housekeeping so that your loved one’s home stays clean.
- Meal Preparation: Seniors need to get proper nutrients, but they may find cooking to be a difficult — or even dangerous — task. Our caregivers will ensure your loved ones eat nutritious meals by preparing meals for them on a daily basis.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Alzheimer’s and dementia patients should receive care within their own home because of their comfort and familiarity with the environment. Our caregivers have the necessary training to provide Alzheimer’s and dementia patients with memory care services.
- Hospice Care: We can help individuals who have been diagnosed with limited life expectancy or terminal illness with our hospice care services. Our caregivers will provide care and assistance to your loved ones, doing whatever needed to make sure they spend their final days in a comfortable, pain-free manner.
- Live-In/24-Hour Care: Some individuals need around-the-clock care, and we can help through our live-in care and 24-hour care services. With our live-in care services, a caregiver lives at the client’s home and works a 3- to 4-day shift before switching with another caregiver. With our 24-hour care services, a caregiver works a 12-hour shift before switching with another caregiver, ensuring an alert caregiver can provide help no matter the time of day.
- Overnight Care: Assisting Hands can help your loved ones who need nighttime help with our overnight care services. A caregiver will come to the client’s home in the evening and stay up throughout the night, available to respond to any emergencies and help with whatever is
- Post-Hospitalization Care: Making the transition home after a hospital stay for a surgery or illness can be tough. We can help make the transition easier with the post-hospitalization services we provide. Our caregivers will provide care and assistance to prevent setbacks in your loved one’s recovery.
- Respite Care: Some elderly individuals have family members act as a caregiver for them. However, the family caregiver may need assistance or a break. We provide respite care services so that family caregivers can get extra help or get time off from their caregiving duties.
Call Us for a Complimentary In-Home Assessment
Call (630) 313-6160 to get in touch with Assisting Hands Home Care for our senior care services in Elmhurst, IL, and the neighboring areas. We will conduct a free in-home assessment and develop a customized care plan that fits your elderly loved one’s unique care needs.