To start our elderly care services, we have one of our staff members visit the client’s home to do a care assessment and a safety evaluation of the home. Once that’s complete, we create a customized care plan that accommodates all of your elderly loved one’s specific care needs.
Within our elderly care services, you may find the following included:
- 24-hour care
- Live-in care
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Personal assistance
- Errands and transportation
We can also include the following services in your elderly relative’s care plan to ensure that their needs are thoroughly met:
- Companionship: Seniors can become lonely, especially if they don’t live near their family and friends, but our caregivers will provide social companionship, engaging in conversation and doing fun activities to create a personal relationship with your elderly loved one.
- Fall Prevention: Seniors often suffer injuries as a result of falls, but our caregivers will provide guidance throughout the home and get rid of tripping hazards to prevent falls from occurring.
- Light Housekeeping: Seniors need to live in a clean, healthy living space, but it can be tough for them to maintain the cleanliness of their home. Our caregivers will provide assistance with this by vacuuming, dusting, doing laundry, and performing other light housekeeping tasks.
- Meal Preparation: Seniors need to get proper nutrients but may have difficulties cooking their own meals. Our caregivers will prepare daily meals for your elderly relatives, accounting for any dietary restrictions they have.
- Personal Care: Seniors may have a difficult time doing personal care tasks on their own, but our caregivers will provide assistance with this, including help getting dressed, using the restroom, bathing, showering, and more.
- Transportation and Errands: Seniors often have to give up their driving privileges, but our caregivers can give them rides to medical appointments, family get-togethers, and other places to ensure they can still make it to important events. Our caregivers can also provide assistance with grocery shopping, prescription pickups, and other errands.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Seniors who have Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia find it especially beneficial to receive care within the comfort of their own homes, and our caregivers, who are properly trained, can provide them with memory care services.
- Hospice Care: Having an elderly loved one who has limited life expectancy or a terminal illness can be stressful to handle. They need care, and family members need to handle their end-of-life affairs. Our caregivers can handle the caregiving services for your elderly relatives, helping them live their final days in a comfortable, dignified manner.
- Live-In/24-Hour Care: Sometimes, elderly individuals cannot be alone during the night, and our caregivers can accommodate such a need. Live-in caregivers work a shift that lasts 3-4 days, live in the client’s home, provide assistance throughout the day, but go to sleep during the night. 24-hour caregivers work a shift that lasts 12 hours, ensuring seniors can receive care at all times of the day.
- Overnight Care: Some seniors need care throughout the night, so they cannot be on their own. Our caregivers will provide assistance in these cases, arriving in the evening and staying throughout the night to help with whatever’s needed.
- Post-Hospitalization Care: Seniors have an especially tough time making the transition home after a hospital stay, but our caregivers will provide them with assistance to ensure they avoid setbacks and take their necessary medication.
- Respite Care: Some seniors have family caregivers who will provide care and assistance for them, but they may need a break from this, as they have their own lives to take care of. Our caregivers will help by providing your elderly relative with care and the family caregiver with scheduled breaks.
By customizing our elderly care services, we are able to meet your elderly relatives’ care needs, ensuring they age at home in a safe, comfortable manner. To do this, we do a care assessment, learning of their care needs, and proceed by assigning them with a licensed caregiver who we believe is a good fit.
For some families who have an elderly relative who needs care at home, the solution is to have a family caregiver. But this isn’t always possible as being a family caregiver is a demanding responsibility.
Seniors’ care needs will increase as they get older, and it can become difficult for family caregivers to cover all their needs while also taking care of themselves and their own lives. With our elderly care services from Assisting Hands Home Care, seniors can get the quality care they need.
Call (847) 868-9280 to learn more about the elderly care services that Assisting Hands Home Care provides for seniors at home in Glenview, IL, and the nearby areas of Cook County.
Related Respite Care Services: