We begin our services by having one of our representatives go to your loved one’s home. They will conduct a safety evaluation of the home and do a care assessment to determine the elderly individual’s care needs. Afterwards, we put together a care plan that caters to your elderly relative’s specific care needs.
The following may be included within our elderly care services:
- 24-hour care
- Errands and transportation
- Light housekeeping
- Live-in care
- Meal preparation
- Personal assistance
Additionally, the following services can be included within the care plan based on your elderly loved one’s needs:
- Personal Care: Our caregivers provide assistance with restroom use, bathing, getting dressed, and other personal hygiene tasks.
- Meal Preparation: Our caregivers prepare meals on a daily basis to ensure that your elderly loved ones eat enough and get the proper nutrition.
- Transportation and Errands: Our caregivers will provide transportation for your elderly relatives to ensure they make it to their doctor’s appointments, family gatherings, and other events. Our caregivers can also run errands, including picking up prescriptions and shopping for groceries.
- Fall Prevention: Our caregivers will remove tripping hazards, guide seniors throughout their home, and do whatever else necessary to prevent falls.
- Light Housekeeping: Our caregivers will do light housekeeping tasks, including laundry and vacuuming, to make sure seniors’ homes remain clean.
- Companionship: Our caregivers will make conversation, partake in fun activities, and do more to develop a personal connection and be a social companion for your elderly loved ones.
- Live-In/24-Hour Care: Our caregivers will provide care for seniors who require help at all times of the day. Our caregivers in the live-in care services will switch shifts every 3-4 days, providing care throughout the day but sleeping during the night. Our caregivers in the 24-hour care services will switch shifts every 12 hours, ensuring an awake, alert caregiver is available to help no matter the time of day.
- Overnight Care: Our caregivers will care for those who need nighttime assistance, coming to the home in the evening and remaining there throughout the night to help with whatever your elderly relative needs assistance with.
- Respite Care: Our caregivers can provide family caregivers with time off so that they can address their own personal matters while your elderly loved one continues to receive quality home care.
- After Surgery Care: Our caregivers will provide care and assistance to seniors who are recently out of the hospital, reminding them to take proper medication and doing whatever else is needed to ensure a full recovery with no setbacks.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Our caregivers can assist and care for Alzheimer’s and dementia patients, as they have the specialized training to provide such seniors with memory care services at home.
- Hospice Care: Our caregivers will care for those seniors who have a terminal illness or limited life expectancy, doing whatever needed to ensure their final days are lived comfortably and in a dignified manner. This also allows family members time to spend time with their elderly relative and to handle end-of-life affairs.
Elderly Care Northbrook, IL
We personalize our elderly care services to make sure that your elderly loved one’s unique care needs are thoroughly met within our services, allowing them to safely and comfortably age at home. We are able to do this by assessing their care needs. Afterwards, we assign a licensed caregiver to provide care for your loved one, selecting a caregiver who we believe is a great fit to meet such needs.
If you have an elderly loved one who needs help to safely live at home, you and other family members may take it upon yourselves to provide that care. Seniors generally prefer to age at home, so family caregivers will provide that in-home care, but it isn’t always practical or possible for families to have a family caregiver.
What may start at just needing transportation and occasional household help can easily turn into needing help with personal care as seniors become older. Elderly individuals’ care needs may reach the point where it’s too much for family caregivers to handle. Assisting Hands Home Care can help out with the elderly care services we provide.
For more information regarding the elderly care services that Assisting Hands Home Care provides to elderly individuals in need in Northbrook, IL, and the neighboring areas of Cook County, call us at (847) 868-9280.
Related Elderly Care Services: