Elderly Home Care in Evanston, Glenview, and Northbrook, IL
Families always want what is best for their elderly relatives when they reach a point in which they need regular care to live at home. Some families can provide care for their elderly relatives themselves so that they can remain in their home, but this isn’t possible for many families to handle. Depending on the specific needs of your loved ones, a family caregiver may need to provide care full time to fulfill those needs. If your loved ones need consistent care in their homes, our professionals can help.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides complete elderly care services to help senior citizens in Evanston, Glenview, and Northbrook, IL and surrounding areas age safely and comfortably in their own homes. Our staff will assess the care needs of your loved ones and work with you to create a care plan and schedule that benefits all involved. We will choose a caregiver who we feel will provide excellent care services and be a good fit as a companion for your loved ones.
Our elderly care services start with a visit from our staff to evaluate the home and unique care needs of your loved ones. With input from you and your loved ones, we will form a care plan that accommodates their care needs and includes a schedule for our caregiver. Our care plans can always be adjusted if the care needs of your loved ones change.
We can include the following in our elderly home care plans:
- Assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Errands and transportation
- Respite care
- Hospice care
Our elderly care services can include the following depending on your loved one’s needs:
- Personal Care: Our caregivers are ready to assist elderly individuals with personal care including help bathing, getting dressed, using the restroom, and other activities.
- Fall Prevention: We will reduce the risk of falls by keeping walkways in the home clear and guiding your loved ones as they move throughout the home.
- Companionship: Our caregivers will act as a companion for your loved ones, getting to know them on a personal level through conversation and engaging with them in their favorite hobbies and activities.
- Meal Preparation: We can help seniors who do not cook for themselves by preparing nutritious meals for them each day. We will make sure to follow any dietary restrictions when preparing meals.
- Transportation and Errands: If your elderly relatives no longer drive, we can provide transportation services to help them make their doctor appointments, family gatherings, and other events. Our caregivers will also help with errands as needed.
- Light Housekeeping: It is important to keep the home clean, but it can be difficult for elderly individuals to handle many housekeeping tasks. Our caregivers will take care of certain housekeeping tasks, including laundry, vacuuming, emptying trash, and dusting to keep the home clean.
- Respite Care: Family caregivers spend long hours providing care for their loved ones and need some time off to handle their personal matters. With our respite care services, we can schedule one of our caregivers to relieve the family caregiver and give them some time off.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: It is beneficial for those suffering from Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia to receive care at home because it is a familiar environment. Our caregivers are trained to provide care for those suffering from these conditions, including memory care that can help slow their memory loss.
- Hospice Care: Caring for a loved one with limited life expectancy or a terminal illness can be difficult while also trying to manage their end of life affairs. With our hospice care services, we will provide care for your loved ones and keep them comfortable while you visit with them and handle their affairs.
Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (847) 868-9280 if your elderly loved ones in the Evanston, Glenview, and Northbrook, IL area could benefit from our elderly home care services. We will set up a free initial consultation to determine the care needs of your loved ones.