Our in-home care services include senior in-home care, elderly care, memory care for those with Alzheimer’s or dementia, personal care and companionship, respite care, and hospice care services. Our caregivers are licensed and highly trained to provide exceptional care services to help seniors and adults with disabilities continue to live safely at home.
Home Care Services Evanston, IL
There was a time when seniors were faced with the options of going to an assisted living facility or a nursing home when they needed care and assistance to get through the day. This generation of seniors is choosing to age in their homes, opting for home health care instead of leaving for a care facility. This choice allows seniors to continue living in their home and retain more independence over their lives.
Assisting Hands Home Care provides home health care services in Evanston, IL to help seniors and adults with disabilities live at home. We will provide complete in-home care services that cover the unique needs of your loved ones. You can trust our licensed, bonded, and insured caregivers to provide your loved ones with quality care while treating them with compassion and respect.
When you contact Assisting Hands Home Care for in-home care services, we will meet with you and your loved ones to gain an understanding of their care needs. We will come to the home for an initial consultation that includes an assessment of care needs as well as a safety evaluation of the home. We will then create a care plan and schedule with input from you and your loved ones.
Our home health care plans may include the following:
- Personal Care and Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). Self-care tasks, also known as activities of daily living (ADLs), can be difficult for seniors with limited mobility or cognitive abilities. Our caregivers can help your loved ones with a number of ADLs including bathing, restroom use, dressing, ambulation, and medication reminders.
- Light Housekeeping. Many housekeeping tasks such as dusting, and vacuuming can be difficult for seniors to complete on their own. Our caregivers will help keep the home clean by taking care of certain housekeeping tasks including dusting, mopping, vacuuming, laundry, and emptying the trash.
- Meal Preparation. Some seniors may be unable to cook for themselves and if they do not get regular meals, that could become malnourished. Our caregivers can prepare daily meals for your loved ones to ensure that they get the proper nutrition.
- Transportation and Errands. There are many reasons seniors may have to give up their driving privileges. When seniors give up driving, they also give up some of their independence. Our caregivers can return this independence with our transportation and errands services. We will give your loved ones rides to important appointments and events and help them with their errands.
- It is very important to us to be more than just caregivers for your loved ones. Our caregivers will get to know your loved ones and build personal relationships with them based on compassion and respect. We will engage with them in regular conversation as well as their favorite hobbies and activities.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care. Those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia need consistent care and it is best for them to receive care in their homes. Those suffering from dementia will be more comfortable in the familiar surroundings of their own homes as opposed to the unfamiliar surroundings of a care facility. Our caregivers are specially trained to provide quality memory care services to help those with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. We can effectively respond to mood swings and agitation and engage your loved ones in memory exercises that help slow memory loss.
- Respite Care. Many seniors receive home care from a relative who acts as their caregiver, but this is a very demanding job. Family caregivers may devote their entire lives to providing care, making it difficult for them to spend time with their immediate families or have a career. The high stress and lack of sleep that is common among family caregivers can also lead to various health issues. At Assisting Hands Home Care, we can help family caregivers with our respite care services. Our caregivers will take over seamlessly for the family caregiver, allowing them some time off.
- Hospice Care. Learning that a family member has been diagnosed with a limited life expectancy or terminal illness is a difficult experience. Assisting Hands Home Care can help families in this situation with our hospice care services. Our caregivers will provide care for your loved one and ensure their comfort so you can focus on visiting with them and managing their end of life affairs.
- Personalized Home Health Care. Our professionals at Assisting Hands Home Care are dedicated to creating personalized home care plans that will meet the needs of your loved ones. We will consider the medical history and care needs of your loved ones as well as their schedule when forming their care plan.