People are often the most comfortable at home. This explains why elderly individuals and disabled adults find it preferable to receive in-home care. Often times, those who get in-home care receive it from their family members, but their family members won’t always be able to provide the necessary care themselves. They usually have their own jobs, families, and lives to attend to, so it’s not always realistic for them to be a family caregiver. Professional in-home care is the best choice for seniors and disabled adults who wish to receive care at home.
Assisting Hands Home Care can help with the home care services we provide to elderly individuals and disabled adults in need in Northbrook, IL, and the neighboring areas. With our home care assistance, clients are able to live within the comfort of their homes in a safe and comfortable manner. We have one of our professionals visit your loved one to evaluate their home and assess their care needs. With this information, we are able to create a personalized care plan that will cover all their care needs.
At Assisting Hands Home Care, our well-trained and experienced caregivers are qualified to provide in-home care to your loved ones. Additionally, our bonded and insured caregivers have all undergone a thorough background check and are trained in first aid and CPR.
Complete Home Care Assistance
Assisting Hands Home Care offers home care services that can be customized to fit the needs of our clients. The following can be included within your loved one’s care plan:
- Personal Care and Grooming: If your loved ones have trouble with their personal hygiene, our caregivers will help them bathe, shower, get dressed, and use the restroom.
- Meal Preparation: Our caregivers prepare meals for clients to ensure they eat enough, because they may be unable to cook food for themselves. Additionally, our caregivers will clean up after the meals.
- Care Management: With our services, we develop a care plan that caters to your loved one’s needs, create a schedule that works for family caregivers and everyone involved, and help manage medication.
- Light Housekeeping: We know that cleaning the home can be difficult for some of our clients because of physical limitations. This is why our caregivers will do light housekeeping tasks, such as vacuuming and dusting, to ensure their home remains clean.
- Errands and Transportation: Our caregivers can run errands for your loved ones and provide them with transportation to medical appointments and other places and events.
- Companionship: Elderly individuals and disabled adults who spend a significant amount of time at home can feel lonely. Our caregivers will help combat these feelings by being social companions for your loved ones. To develop a personal relationship with them, we will engage in conversation and do fun activities.
- Live-In/24-Hour Care: For those who need care and someone available to help at all times of the day, we offer live-in and 24-hour care services. Live-in care services feature a caregiver who lives at the client’s home, provides care throughout the day and evening, but sleeps at night. 24-hour care services feature a caregiver who is awake and available to help clients at all times.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: Alzheimer’s and dementia patients need specialized care, and we can help with this. Our caregivers have been trained to provide Alzheimer’s and dementia care and will engage your loved ones in mentally-engaging activities that can slow memory loss.
- Overnight Care: If your elderly or disabled loved ones need care and assistance throughout the night, we have overnight care services that will help. We will have a caregiver come to your loved one’s home in the evening and stay there throughout the night to help when needed.
- Respite Care: Some individuals have family caregivers who provide them with care; however, they may need additional help and some time off. Our caregivers can help with our respite care services, where one of our caregivers provides care to your loved one to allow the family caregiver scheduled time off.
- Post-Operative Care: Making a full recovery after surgery can be tough, but our caregivers can help. We will monitor the condition of your loved one when they return home and help them with their everyday living, making sure they recover fully.
After creating a customized care plan for your elderly or disabled loved ones, we assign a caregiver who is a good fit for them. In the event that the main caregiver is unable to work, we can have a different caregiver who is prepared to work and provide care for your loved one. If care needs change, we can meet those needs, as our care plans are flexible.
Call Assisting Hands Home Care at (847) 868-9280 for the home care services that we provide in Northbrook, IL. Within 48 hours of your call, we can have a caregiver at your loved one’s home to assess their needs.