In previous generations, seniors who needed assistance to live their everyday lives would either move away to an assisted living facility or nursing home or have one of their family members be an informal caregiver at home. But with more individuals from the baby boomer generation reaching retirement, they prefer a different choice that was previously unavailable: home health care.
Because people often work so hard to get their home, it can be rather difficult to give it up and the independence that living at home comes with.
Home Health Aide
With Assisting Hands Home Care’s in-home care services in Wilmette, IL, elderly individuals can stay at home while receiving the care they need to go about their everyday lives.
Our caregivers are well trained, certified, and skilled, so you can trust them to provide exceptional care and companionship for your loved ones. Furthermore, our caregivers will help with various tasks: grooming, personal care, meal preparation, light housekeeping, and more.
How Home Care Services Work
To start, we will visit your loved one’s home and conduct an evaluation, taking note of the safety of the home. Additionally, we will talk with you and your loved ones to understand what care needs must be accounted for within our services. Afterwards, we use this information to develop a customized care plan and schedule to ensure your loved one’s needs are met.
In cases in which there’s already a family caregiver, we will coordinate with them when creating the schedule to ensure care is provided when necessary. When the care plan has been finished, we assign your loved one with a caregiver who will be a good fit.
List of Non-Medical Home Care Services Offered by Assisting Hands Home Care:
- Care Management: We take the time to collaborate with you and your loved one to develop a care plan and schedule that works for everyone involved, including cases with a family caregiver. We make sure the client’s care needs are met and we will keep regular communication with the family.
- Personal Care and Grooming: Personal hygiene can be difficult to maintain for some seniors whether it is because of mental or physical limitations. Regardless, our caregivers will provide assistance with personal care and grooming: bathing, restroom use, getting dressed, and more.
- Meal Preparation: Seniors may have a tough time preparing their own meals, but our caregivers will ensure they get proper nutrition by preparing meals for them on a daily basis. Additionally, our caregivers will take care of the grocery shopping and cleanup.
- Errands and Transportation: If your loved one does not drive, no matter the reason, our caregivers can help by running errands for them and/or by providing them with rides to wherever they need or want to go, allowing them to have some freedom that comes with driving privileges.
- Light Housekeeping: To ensure your loved one’s home remains clean, our caregivers will do light housekeeping duties: vacuuming, dusting, laundry, and more.
- Companionship: Not only will our caregivers provide care to your loved ones, but they will also be social companions to them. Our caregivers will take the time to get to know your loved ones and will do fun activities with them on a regular basis.
- Overnight Care: If your loved one requires overnight care, assistance, or supervision, our caregivers can take care of this. We have a caregiver go to your home every night who will stay up in case any help is needed throughout the night. Additionally, our caregivers will assist with morning tasks.
- Live-In/24-Hour Care: Some seniors may require around-the-clock care, which we can provide through our 24-hour care services: a caregiver will work a 12-hour shift before switching with another caregiver, ensuring someone is always available to help. We also offer live-in care services: a caregiver will work a 3- to 4-day shift before switching with another caregiver.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: We can provide proper care to individuals affected by Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia with our Alzheimer’s and dementia care services. Our caregivers have the proper training to provide such care and will engage patients in memory exercises designed to slow memory loss.
- Respite Care: For those with a family caregiver, our respite care services provide them with a break from caregiving. Our caregivers will work on a schedule, providing care when your family caregiver is on a break.
Paying for Care with Long-Term Care Insurance
Assisting Hands Home Care knows that home care service costs can be tough to cover. To help pay for such care, we accept long-term care insurance. For more information regarding how long-term insurance covers our services, you can speak with our representatives.
If you have elderly loved ones who are in need of home health care services, seek help from Assisting Hands Home Care in Wilmette, IL. We will work to develop a customized care plan that meets your loved one’s care needs.
Call (847) 868-9280 to learn more about the home health care services Assisting Hands Home Care offers in Wilmette, IL, and the surrounding areas.