We provide a myriad of in-home care services to help seniors and disabled adults in need. Among the services we offer are senior in-home care, elderly care, respite care, personal care and companionship, and memory care for Alzheimer’s and dementia patients. Within these quality services, clients are assigned one of our trained, licensed professional caregivers.
Our Home Care Professionals
Seniors previously needed to live at nursing homes or assisted living facilities if they required daily care and assistance, but thanks to in-home care services, they can now stay within the comfort of their own homes to get such care. This lets elderly individuals retain some independence and control of their own lives.
With home health care services in Glencoe, IL, Assisting Hands Home Care provides seniors and disabled adults with everyday care and assistance at home. Our services will be customized to meet your loved one’s specific care needs. Our caregivers are also properly insured, licensed, and bonded, and they will treat our clients with respect and compassion.
When you get in touch with Assisting Hands Home Care for the in-home care services we provide, we will have a meeting in which we will conduct a care assessment and a safety evaluation of the home. This ensures we properly meet your loved one’s care needs. Using this information, we then create a care plan and schedule that works for everyone involved.
Our Home Health Care Services
For Assisting Hands Home Care’s home health care services, call us at (847) 868-9280. The following can be included within the home care health plan we create:
- Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and Personal Care: For seniors who have limited cognitive abilities or limited mobility, activities of daily living (ADLs) might be tough to perform. We will help with these self-care tasks, such as bathing and restroom use, to ensure your loved ones can successfully go about their days.
- Light Housekeeping: Whether it be dusting or vacuuming, housekeeping isn’t always easy for elderly individuals to do without help. We will provide assistance for housekeeping tasks, including laundry, mopping, taking out the trash, and more.
- Meal Preparation: Some seniors may have trouble cooking, and this can result in them not getting enough meals and becoming malnourished. We will prepare meals for seniors to ensure they get the meals and nutrition they need.
- Transportation and Errands: When seniors give up driving privileges, it also means they’re giving up some freedom and independence. We can give them some of this independence back by providing them with transportation and errands services. Our caregivers will help run errands and provide transportation to various events and places.
- Companionship: Our caregivers take the time to be more than just caregivers for seniors. We will be their companions, getting to know them and building personal relationships with them. We will participate in fun activities, do their favorite hobbies, and make conversation with them.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care: When Alzheimer’s and dementia patients receive care, it needs to be consistent, and this care is best done at the patient’s home. Their home is a familiar place for them, so it provides them with comfort. With caregivers who are properly trained to provide memory care services, you can trust that your loved one will receive effective care. Within our Alzheimer’s and dementia care services, we will engage clients in memory exercises that help slow down memory loss. Our caregivers also know how to respond to any mood swings and agitation in an appropriate manner.
- Respite Care: Some people act as an informal caregiver for an elderly relative, but it’s demanding to provide care for a loved one. Informal caregivers often provide care on top of having their own career and family, so they can develop high stress levels and lack sleep. This can then easily lead to health problems. With Assisting Hands Home Care’s respite care services, we can give your family caregiver a well-deserved, necessary break. We will assign a caregiver to your elderly relative so that they continue to receive the care they need while their family caregiver takes time off.
- Hospice Care: It’s tough to learn that a relative has a terminal illness or has only a limited life expectancy. Assisting Hands Home Care is here to help provide care for your loved one through the hospice care assistance services we offer. Our caregivers will care for and help your relative, ensuring they’re comfortable. This allows you to manage personal matters and spend time with your loved one.
- Personalized Home Health Care: Our professionals at Assisting Hands Home Care take the time to personalize home care plans for your loved ones, because this ensures that their care needs are properly met. In addition to the care needs, we also consider their schedule and medical history when developing the care plan.
For a free in-home consultation for Assisting Hands Home Care’s home health care services in Glencoe, IL, give us a call at (847) 868-9280.
Related Home Care Services: